About R.A.C.E. Foundation
R.A.C.E., Racing Advocates for Community Enrichment, was established in 2012 providing support to nonprofit organizations and charitable causes while volunteering to cultivate community growth. As a Donor Advised Fund of the NASCAR Foundation, a 501 c3 charitable entity, R.A.C.E. aims to improve the quality of life for the greater Chicagoland area while focusing on causes centered on youth, safe driving and the military.
You can donate to R.A.C.E. online by clicking below!
How To Request A Donation
Chicagoland Speedway is proud to support the fundraising efforts of numerous nonprofit organizations throughout the community. To honor the tremendous work they do, Chicagoland Speedway attempts to assist in as many ways possible. Unfortunately, due to volume of requests we receive, we are unable to accommodate each and every request.
To apply for a donation, please click the link below and follow the appropriate steps.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING ALL DONATION REQUESTS
In an effort to preserve paper and maximize efficiency, we have switched to an online donation request system. Therefore all donation requests must be submitted online.
- Requests submitted via email, fax, mail or phone will not be reviewed or accepted.
- The online donation form must be complete in order to be considered. Missing information may result in a denial of the request.
- Your non-profit organization must have 501(c)3 tax exempt status. You must enter your organization's valid Tax Exempt ID number on the online form in order for your request to be considered. (If you are a business sponsoring a charitable event, please ask a member of the charity to complete the donation request form).
- Expect processing time of between 4 weeks upon receiving your request.
- Requests must be received at least 90 days prior to the event.
- Chicagoland Speedway can only donate to charitable organizations in Illinois and the Greater Chicagoland area, including Northwest Indiana.
- Chicagoland Speedway must limit donations to once per calendar year for each organization.
- Due to the overwhelming number of requests received each year, all submissions will be reviewed, however, every request cannot be approved. No phone calls please.
- If your request is approved, CLS will contact you per your contact information with instructions for receiving your donation.
- If you fill out a form and your request is denied, you will receive notification.
Chicagoland Speedway does not grant donation requests for the following:
- Preschools, nursery schools or private schools
- Events and fundraisers held for one person, family or school
- Individual participation fundraisers (walk-a-thons, Team-in-Training, Relay for Life, etc.)
- In-kind donations offered for prizes or incentives
- Third party requests or organizational campaigns (i.e. American Cancer Society, Alzheimer's Association, Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, etc.) as we support these types of organizations on a corporate level
- Recreational activities (field trips, graduation nights, etc.)
- Political or religious groups
- Advocacy or special interest groups
- Travel funds, conferences, seminars and workshops
- Organizations that may in any way conflict with the goals, programs or any affiliations of Chicagoland Speedway
Thank you for considering Chicagoland Speedway as a contributor to your event. We thank you for the work you do and wish you the absolute best in your charitable and fundraising efforts.
*Donations are fulfilled at the discretion of Chicagoland Speedway and are based on item inventory
Fundraising and Volunteering
R.A.C.E raises money through various community events and partnerships such as a 50/50 raffle and various auctions throughout the year and staff contributions.
Through various partnerships, R.A.C.E. will continue Chicagoland Speedway and Route 66 Raceway’s tradition of giving back to the local community via service hours and volunteering.
2018 R.A.C.E. Beneficiaries
Charities who received donations from R.A.C.E. Foundation in 2018 included:
• The Bridge Teen Center
• Vet Tix
• Trickster Art Gallery, NFP
• Homer Heat
• Motor Racing Outreach
• Providence Catholic High School
• Joliet Township
• Dominican University Softball
• Lewis University Softball
• Morris Cruise Night
• United Way of Will County
• Team Make A Difference
• Morris Police Benevolent Society
• Miracle League of Joliet
• Will County Children’s Advocacy Center
• Muscular Dystrophy Association
• Easter Seals
• Grundy County Community Foundation
• Ronald McDonald House Charities
• Pits for Patriots
• GHQ Military Preservation Group
• Veterans Garage
• Senior Services Center of Will County
• Abraham Lincoln National Cemetery Memorial Squad
• Operation Care Package
• Wreaths Across America
• Abraham Lincoln National Cemetery Support Committee
• Illinois Patriot Guard
• Cheers to the Warriors
• First Illinois Light Artillery Battery