Explore Other Articles
- Kyle Busch wins the Overton's 400 in a wild last lap duel with Kyle Larson
- Back-To-Front Dominance: Kyle Larson Takes the Overton's 300 Victory
- Brett Moffitt uses last lap pass to power to Overton's 225
- Dino-Powered Restart Propels Michael Self to SCOTT 150 Victory
- Charles "Peanut" Tillman to be Honorary Pace Car Driver for Overton's 400 at Chicagoland Speedway
On April 28, Chicagoland Speedway invited fans to nominate their personal heroes in hopes of being selected as a "CLS Hero." Whether it’s a soldier, police officer, fireman, teacher, coach, parent or anyone in between, we wanted to hear their story. These are the first four CLS Heroes who will serve as Grand Marshal for the Tales of Turtles 400 on Sunday, September 17.
The Final Recipient is...
Amy Jo Walter
Hard work and determination led Amy Jo to accept her to her dream of being admitted to the Illinois Fire Academy, only to result in a career-ending injury sustained in the line of duty. Despite the circumstances, Amy Jo continues to assist the Fire Academy as well as volunteer with Samaritan’s Purse, a humanitarian organization where she provides support to victims of natural disasters. Amy Jo has been working periodically in Houston, TX assisting flood victims and their families.