Explore Other Articles
- Chicagoland Speedway to Host Military Ceremony and Welcome Gold Star Families During its Stars and Stripes NASCAR Weekend
- American Wrench Honors Fallen Military Heroes with Custom Vehicle at Chicagoland Speedway's Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Overton's 400
- CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY TO PAY TRIBUTE TO ACTIVE AND VETERAN MILITARY MEMBERS DURING THE STARS AND STRIPES WEEKEND JUNE 28 – JULY 1
- Randy Houser To Play Chicagoland Speedway Overton's 400 Pre-Race Concert
- Chicagoland Speedway to Host Second Annual Trunk-Or-Treat at the Track October 20
Joliet, Ill. — April 24, 2017 — Chicagoland Speedway and Joliet Township High School (JTHS) concluded an eight-month long Art and Construction Occupation project on Monday. Students from Joliet Central and West High School worked throughout the schoolyear to complete two original structures per campus that will be featured as photo-opportunities during Chicagoland Speedway’s Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series weekend September 14-17.
In October 2016, a committee comprised of JTHS representatives and Chicagoland Speedway’s marketing department and their design agency EnvisionIt, visited both campuses to view over 40 designs presented by the students. The four final photo-opportunities are 5-7 feet tall were unveiled at an event on Monday, April 24 at Joliet Central High School.
“Witnessing the creative process and true ingenuity of these students has been an extraordinary experience,” said Scott Paddock, President of Chicagoland Speedway. “We are thrilled to highlight the talents of these students as we showcase their work to the more than 100,000 fans attending our NASCAR National Series weekend at Chicagoland Speedway this September.”
The event was also held as a fundraiser benefitting Habitat for Humanity Will County. The donation was made possible by the generous sponsorship of ExxonMobil, Martin Whalen Office Solutions, Presence St. Joseph Medical Center and D’Arcy Buick GMC.
Figure 1 The first photo op was designed and painted by Bekah Robinson of Joliet West, constructed by Joliet West Woods and Construction students, and sponsored by ExxonMobil.