James Buescher Tours Rockford Ahead of Jimmy John's Freaky Fast 300 at Chicagoland Speedway
Joliet, Ill. — August 28, 2014 — NASCAR Nationwide Series driver James Buescher and Chicagoland Speedway today visited the Children’s Medical Center at Rockford Health System to sign autographs and bring gifts to patients and their families. Buescher, in Illinois’ third largest city to promote the upcoming Jimmy John’s Freaky Fast 300 Powered by Coca-Cola at Chicagoland Speedway, spent time with children and also brought coloring books and the latest NASCAR video game for the hospital’s play room.
“Just having the chance to put a smile on their faces, even if it’s only for 10 minutes, is both rewarding and humbling,” said Buescher. “Nobody wants to be in the hospital or have their child be in the hospital, so if we can make that experience any better it’s a great use of time.”
Buescher is coming off a season-high 9th place finish last weekend with at Bristol Motor Speedway, and looks to keep the momentum going as he heads to Atlanta, Richmond and Chicagoland. Buescher does have history in the Windy City, as he rallied from two laps down during his 2012 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series title run to win the American Ethanol 225 at Chicagoland Speedway.
“Chicagoland is a cool track for us, we’ve had some success there in what was one of my best races, and it’s just fun to race on. It’s gotten rough over the years and it makes for some great racing,” said the driver of the No. 99 Toyota Camry for RAB racing.
The Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup™ weekend at Chicagoland Speedway, September 12-14, will begin with the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series™, Lucas Oil 225 race under the lights on Friday night. On Saturday, September 13, the NASCAR Nationwide Series™, Jimmy John’s Freaky Fast 300 Powered by Coca-Cola will hit the track as the precursor to Sunday’s NASCAR Sprint Cup Series™, MyAFibStory.com 400 showdown, this year’s first Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup™ race.
- SCOTT® Renews Sponsorship of Chicagoland ARCA Racing Series Race
- NICKELODEON ANNOUNCES ENTITLEMENT SPONSORSHIP OF TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES 400 NASCAR SPRINT CUP SERIES RACE AT CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY, SEPT. 18
- Go Green For Spring Festival presented by Julie to be held Saturday, April 30
- JOLIET TOWNSHIP HIGH SCHOOL AND CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY RAISE NEARLY $6,000 AT COOKING FOR A CAUSE
- FOUR FINALISTS NAMED FOR JOLIET TOWNSHIP HIGH SCHOOL AND CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY COOKING FOR A CAUSE FUNDRAISER