Expanded Train-to-Track Shuttle Service Program Returns to Chicagoland Speedway
Joliet, Ill. – July 30, 2014 – Chicagoland Speedway today announced the expansion of its Train-to-Track program, providing Chicago-area race fans, and those traveling from as far south as St. Louis, an easy, direct and affordable route to the race track on Sunday, Sept. 14 for the first race in the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup.
The Train-to-Track program encompasses both Amtrak and Metra providers, and the service will supply shuttle transportation to those fans arriving to Joliet Union Station in downtown Joliet. Metra Rock Island riders will depart Chicago’s LaSalle Street Station, and stations along the route, while Amtrak riders have access to service from St. Louis and various locations along the way throughout Southern Illinois. Tickets for the shuttle transportation between Joliet Union Station and Chicagoland Speedway are $5 per person each way ($10 round trip) and must be purchased in advance at www.ChicagolandSpeedway.com or by calling Chicagoland Speedway’s administrative offices at 815-722-5500 (during regular business hours). Train tickets must be purchased separately through Amtrak or Metra.
Guests utilizing the Train-to-Track program will receive print-at-home tickets upon purchase and must reserve a specific time of departure to and from the race track. Upon arrival at Joliet Union Station, a Chicagoland Speedway ambassador will greet fans outside and direct fans to a shuttle transporting fans directly to the track. The Chicagoland Speedway ambassador will be available to answer questions throughout the short trip to the track. Train and bus times are below.
The Chicagoland Speedway Train-to-Track Shuttle Service will service the following train schedule to/from Joliet Station:
Metra – Rock Island Line
- To Joliet
- Arrive 10:00am
- Arrive 12:00pm
- From Joliet
- Depart 6:20pm
- Depart 8:20pm
- To Joliet
- Arriving 8:50 a.m. (Lincoln Service – From St. Louis & Southern IL)
- Arriving 10:15 a.m. (Lincoln Service - From Chicago)
- Arriving 11:19 a.m. (Lincoln Service - From St. Louis & Southern IL)
- From Joliet
- Departing 6:05 p.m. (Lincoln Service – To St. Louis & Southern IL)
- Departing 7:26 p.m. (Lincoln Service - To Chicago)
- Departing 7:50 p.m. (Lincoln Service – To St. Louis & Southern IL)
Bus Departure Times for the above train routes:
Bus Departures from Joliet Station for Track: 9:15 am, 10:45 am, 12:15 pm
- Bus Departures from Chicagoland Speedway Bus Lot for Joliet Station: 5:00 p.m., 6:30 p.m., 7:30 p.m.
*Due to set train schedule, return bus departures will not change regardless of any delays in on-track activity (weather delays, cautions, etc). Due to bus capacities, passengers will only be allowed to return on the bus indicated in the original reservation.
For the fourth consecutive year, Chicagoland Speedway will host the first race of the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup this September – the first of ten ‘playoff’ style NASCAR Sprint Cup Series races in pursuit of the 2014 championship. The Lucas Oil 225 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series will kick off the weekend on Friday, Sept. 12, along with NASCAR Sprint Cup Series qualifying. On Saturday, Sept. 13, the Jimmy John’s Freaky Fast 300 powered by Coca-Cola NASCAR Nationwide Series returns with the first race in the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup concluding the weekend on Sunday, Sept. 14.
- Racing To Read Program at Laraway School Ramps Up for Turn 3 This February
- Chicagoland to Host Last-Chance Races for New XFINITY, Truck Series Playoffs
- R.A.C.E. DONATES OVER $87,000 IN 2015
- 2016 NASCAR Schedule Released, NASCAR Reaches Five-Year Sanction Agreements with National Series Tracks
- CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY & LEVY RESTAURANTS VISIT JOLIET TOWNSHIP HIGH SCHOOL CULINARY ARTS STUDENTS