Daughter of Illinois Native and NASCAR Hall of Famer Fred Lorenzen to Appear in Chicagoland Speedway's Legends Club
Joliet, Ill. – July 9, 2014 – Chicagoland Speedway today announced Amanda Lorenzen Gardstrom, the daughter of NASCAR great and Elmhurst, Ill. native Fred Lorenzen, will appear in the newly created Legends Club this July to honor her father with the unveiling of his photo in the club. The elder Lorenzen was one of five new members inducted into the NASCAR Hall of Fame this past May.
“At this time, our father’s health limits his ability to interact with the fans he so loves,” said Gardstrom. “But sharing his NASCAR stories, history and memories has become our family’s passion over the past several years, and we’re excited and honored to do just that at Chicagoland Speedway.”
Earning the nicknames “Fearless Freddie” and “Golden Boy,” Lorenzen recorded 26 wins in his NASCAR career and remains the only NASCAR driver to win 20 races in their first 100 starts. Lorenzen became the first driver to earn more than $100,000 in winnings in a single season, claiming $113,570 driving for the legendary Holman-Moody team in 1963, where he started as a mechanic. Lorenzen’s best overall season came in 1963 as he finished with six wins, 21 top fives and 23 top 10s in 29 starts. In 1965, he won two of NASCAR’s major events – the Daytona 500 and the World 600. Lorenzen is a member of more than one motorsports hall of fame including the National Motorsports Press Association’s Hall of Fame, the International Motorsports Hall of Fame and the Motorsports Hall of Fame of America.
Featuring appearances from renowned drivers and personalities, and themed with items from NASCAR’s rich tradition, the Legends Club offers an intimate setting with an all-inclusive package of beer and wine, plus two meals per day. Don’t wait to purchase your tickets, as the Legends Club is already sold out for the September Sprint Cup Race. Admission starts at $250.00 for the EnjoyIllinois.com 300 NASCAR Nationwide Series race, $250.00 for the Lucas Oil 225 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race and $395.00 for the Jimmy John's Freaky Fast 300 Powered by Coca-Cola NASCAR Nationwide Series race.
- NASCAR XFINITY Series Driver Bubba Wallace to Driver Join s the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Race Team and will Drive the No. 6 Shredder Ford Mustang for Roush Fenway Racing at Chicagoland Speedway
- CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY TO HOST CAR WASH AND OFFER TRACK LAPS FRIDAY, AUGUST 5
- Jeff Gordon Ticket Offer and Question & Answer Session Now Available at Chicagoland Speedway for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 400
- Papa John’s Signs Three-Year Agreement to Serve as Official Pizza of Chicagoland Speedway and Route 66 Raceway
- We're Celebrating Our 15th Anniversary With A Special Camping Giveaway and MORE!