Austin Mahone to Kick Off the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup with Pre-Race Concert!
Joliet, Ill. – June 16, 2014 – Chicagoland Speedway today announced 18-year-old pop sensation Austin Mahone as the Grand Marshal and pre-race entertainment for the first race in the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup on Sunday, Sept. 14.
Mahone, who released his debut EP “The Secret” in late May, is set to kick off his summer tour across North America this July. Mahone’s latest single, “Mmm Yeah” featuring Pitbull, climbed to No. 2 on the iTunes charts in January, while his previous hit singles have garnered more than 88 million views on YouTube. Mahone has performed “Mmm Yeah” on “Good Morning America” and” “The Today Show.”
It has been a year of rising star awards for the Chase Records/Cash Money Records, Inc artist after touring with Taylor Swift in 2013, including winning the MTV VMA’s “Artist to Watch,” and the MTV EMA’s “Best Push Artist,” and “Artist on the Rise.”
“With someone like Austin performing, this becomes a fantastic opportunity to bring an entirely new group of fans not only to Chicagoland Speedway, but NASCAR as an industry”, said Scott Paddock, president of Chicagoland Speedway. “Austin is a huge fan of our sport as well as an incredible entertainer. He’s performed on some of the biggest stages the country has to offer, and his star power will be a great asset in kicking off the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup.”
In addition to Mahone’s hour-long concert, race fans at Chicagoland Speedway can catch live musical entertainment throughout the entire weekend in Champions Park, which also features sponsor displays, delicious food and beverage offerings and the Kids Zone for racing’s youngest fans.
- JIM CORNELISON TO PERFORM NATIONAL ANTHEM AT CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY THIS SEPTEMBER
- Kimberly-Clark Professional extends ARCA race sponsorship of SCOTT® 150 at Chicagoland Speedway
- Chicagoland Speedway Wins Business Leader Of The Year Image Award
- Fans Who Purchase Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Tickets Can Receive their Money Back If Dale Earnhardt Jr. Wins The Daytona 500
- CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY GO GREEN FOR SPRING PRESENTED BY JULIE TO BE HELD SATURDAY, APRIL 8