Rally, Rock and Race Weekend Returns to Chicagoland Speedway this July 18-19
Joliet, Ill. – May 20, 2014 – Chicagoland Speedway today announced the return of Rally, Rock and Race weekend, an action-packed weekend featuring rock music, custom cars and racing under the lights, July 18-19.
As part of Rally, Rock and Race weekend, the Chicagoland Speedway Car Show will return to Champions Park prior to the green flag of the EnjoyIllinois.com 300 NASCAR Nationwide Series race. This year, the Car Show will welcome classic and custom cars alike.
Fans and guests in attendance will have the opportunity to vote for their favorite car on display. The five cars with highest number of votes will be prominently featured at the Hollywood Casino Joliet Route 66 Classic on Aug. 16. Additionally, the five winners will receive two tickets to the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race at Chicagoland Speedway on Sept. 14 – the first race in the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup.
To enter the car show, participants must complete the online registration form and submit a photograph of their vehicle by June 16. If a digital copy of the photo is not available, participants may mail-in or drop off the photo in person at the Chicagoland Speedway Administrative office. All cars must be street legal, show quality vehicles with the ability to drive on and park on gravel or grass. The car show will be limited to 200 cars.
Tickets for the EnjoyIllinois.com 300 start at just $30 for adults and $5 for kids, while Fan Zone Pit Passes are only $25. A race ticket also includes access to the Ansell ActivArmr 150 ARCA Racing Series presented by Menards, running on the same day.
For the fourth consecutive year, Chicagoland Speedway will host the first race of the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup this September – the first of ten ‘playoff’ style NASCAR Sprint Cup Series races in pursuit of the 2014 championship. The Lucas Oil 225 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series will kick off the weekend on Friday, Sept. 12, along with NASCAR Sprint Cup Series qualifying. On Saturday, Sept. 13, the Jimmy John’s Freaky Fast 300 powered by Coca-Cola NASCAR Nationwide Series returns with the first race in the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup concluding the weekend on Sunday, Sept. 14.
- ‘RACE’ TO CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY WITH TRAIN-TO-TRACK PROGRAM
- NASCAR XFINITY Series Driver Bubba Wallace to Driver Join s the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Race Team and will Drive the No. 6 Shredder Ford Mustang for Roush Fenway Racing at Chicagoland Speedway
- CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY TO HOST CAR WASH AND OFFER TRACK LAPS FRIDAY, AUGUST 5
- Jeff Gordon Ticket Offer and Question & Answer Session Now Available at Chicagoland Speedway for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 400
- Papa John’s Signs Three-Year Agreement to Serve as Official Pizza of Chicagoland Speedway and Route 66 Raceway