NASCAR Sprint Cup Race Takes Place at Chicagoland Speedway Prior to the Bears Battling the 49ers in San Francisco
CHICAGO SPORTS ENTHUSIASTS WIN BIG ON SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 14
Joliet, Ill. – April 25, 2014 – On Sunday, Sept. 14, 2014, the Chicagoland area can have its cake and eat it too. Fans can now attend the first race in Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup at Chicagoland Speedway with the added bonus of catching all the Chicago Bears action that night. The green flag of the NASCAR Sprint Cup race drops at 1 p.m. CDT and the Bears take on the San Francisco 49ers in San Francisco at 7:30 p.m. CDT.
No decision is necessary for area race fans rooting for the St. Louis Rams and the Indianapolis Colts, too. The Rams take on the Tampa Bay Buccaneers at 3:05 p.m. CDT in Tampa and the Indianapolis Colts play the Philadelphia Eagles at 7:30 p.m. CDT on Monday Night Football (9/15).
For the fourth consecutive year, Chicagoland Speedway will host the first race of the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup this September – the first of ten ‘playoff’ style NASCAR Sprint Cup Series races in pursuit of the 2014 championship. The Lucas Oil 225 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series will kick off the weekend on Friday, Sept. 12, along with NASCAR Sprint Cup Series qualifying. On Saturday, Sept. 13, the Jimmy John’s Freaky Fast 300 powered by Coca-Cola NASCAR Nationwide Series returns with the first race in the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup concluding the weekend on Sunday, Sept. 14.
Tickets can be purchased online at www.ChicagolandSpeedway.com, by calling 888-629-RACE, through the Chicagoland Speedway mobile app, or by visiting the Chicagoland Speedway Administrative office Monday-Friday 8:30am – 5:00pm.
- JIM CORNELISON TO PERFORM NATIONAL ANTHEM AT CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY THIS SEPTEMBER
- Kimberly-Clark Professional extends ARCA race sponsorship of SCOTT® 150 at Chicagoland Speedway
- Chicagoland Speedway Wins Business Leader Of The Year Image Award
- Fans Who Purchase Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Tickets Can Receive their Money Back If Dale Earnhardt Jr. Wins The Daytona 500
- CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY GO GREEN FOR SPRING PRESENTED BY JULIE TO BE HELD SATURDAY, APRIL 8