CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY & ROUTE 66 RACEWAY GATHER FOOD, CLOTHING AND SUPPLIES FOR TORNADO VICTIMS IN COAL CITY/DIAMOND, WASHINGTON AND SURROUNDING ILLINOIS COMMUNITIES
Race fans and local community encouraged to contribute non-perishable food items or gently worn clothing by Monday, Nov. 25, at 5 p.m.
Joliet, Ill. – November 19, 2013 – In the wake of severe weather that ripped through central Illinois, Chicagoland Speedway and Route 66 Raceway are organizing a food and clothing drive to assist the communities of Washington, Ill., Diamond, Ill. and Coal City, Ill. Beginning today through Monday, Nov. 25, race fans and community members are encouraged to join these efforts by dropping off non-perishable food items and/or gently worn clothing to the Chicagoland Speedway administrative building (500 Speedway Boulevard, Joliet, IL 60433). The building will be open for donations between 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. the remainder of the week.
A partial list of the needed items includes: non-perishable food items, bottled water, baby formula, diapers, toiletries, flashlights, batteries, aspirin, matches, toilet paper and paper towels.
Chicagoland Speedway and Route 66 Raceway will transport the goods to American Red Cross designated drop off areas in both Coal City/Diamond and Washington on Tuesday, Nov. 26. Anyone wishing to make a monetary contribution to the relief efforts can call the Central Illinois Red Cross at 309-677-7272. For any additional questions, please contact Chicagoland Speedway ay 815-722-5500.
- RICHARD PETTY TO JOIN CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY’S LEGENDS CLUB
- NATIONAL HIGHWAY TRAFFIC SAFETY ADMINISTRATION TO SPONSOR CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY XFINITY SERIES RACE
- CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY CELEBRATES KIDS DRIVE NASCAR WITH FREE YOUTH TICKETING FOR NASCAR XFINITY & NASCAR CAMPING WORLD TRUCK SERIES RACES IN 2017
- NASCAR ORGANIZATIONAL TEST AT CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY TO RAISE AWARENESS FOR R.A.C.E. FOUNDATION
- CHASE ‘N’ THE TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES AT JOHN G. SHEDD AQUARIUM