MATT KENSETH TAKES THE CHECKERED FLAG IN THE GEICO 400
Kenseth Makes His First Appearance in Chicagoland Speedway’s Gatorade Victory Lane Following the First Race in the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup
Joliet, Ill. – Sept.15, 2013 –Matt Kenseth won his first race at Chicagoland Speedway on Sunday, holding off Kyle Busch on lap 245 during a late restart in the GEICO 400. This was Kenseth’s 6th win of 2013, and a single-season career high number of wins for him in the Sprint Cup series.
“I had a good car, great pit stops and great strategy. Then we had that restart at the end and got that push from Kevin that put us out front where we really needed to be,” said Kenseth.
Joe Gibbs racing teammate Kyle Busch came in second, followed by Kevin Harvick then Kurt Busch. Busch missed out on the triple-header sweep after winning Friday night’s EnjoyIllinois.com225 and Saturday’s Dollar General 300 Powered by Coca-Cola. Hendrick Motorsports teammates Jimmie Johnson and Jeff Gordon finished fifth and sixth, respectively, as Chase drivers claimed the top six spots in the finishing order and 10 of the first 12.
A Chicagoland Speedway series record of 25 lead changes among 16 different drivers occurred Sunday night.For more information on Chicagoland Speedway stay connected on Twitter and Facebook.
- R.A.C.E. DONATES NEARLY $50,000 IN 2016
- CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY AND JOLIET TOWNSHIP HIGH SCHOOL ANNOUNCE CURRICULUM PROGRAM CHALLENGE
- Truex Wins TMNT 400, takes opener of The Chase at Chicagoland
- ERIK JONES RETURNS TO GATORADE VICTORY LANE AT CHICAGOLAND
- Kyle Busch wins wild American Ethanol e15 225 as Camping World Truck Series field is set