KYLE BUSCH DOMINATES THE DOLLAR GENERAL 300 POWERED BY COCA-COLA
Busch Earns His Second Consecutive Trip to Gatorade Victory Lane While Preparing for the Triple-Header Sweep on Sunday
Joliet, Ill. – Sept.14, 2013 – Kyle Busch won his second race in as many days at Chicagoland Speedway on Saturday, as he out-classed the entire field in the Dollar General 300 Powered by Coca-Cola. It was Busch’s 10th Nationwide win of the season, which is tied for 2nd most all-time. The driver of the No. 54 Monster Energy Toyota also currently holds the single-season record with 13 (2010).
Busch’s inspired performance started from the pole position as he broke Dale Earnhardt’s record for most laps led at a 1.5-mile track in the Nationwide Series, pacing the field for 195 of the 200 laps. Earnhardt led 194 at Charlotte Motor Speedway in 1986.
The win gave Busch his 61st career Nationwide win, and his 123rd overall win across all three of NASCAR's top series. It was also the 7th time Busch visited Gatorade Victory Lane at Chicagoland, which has treated him well over the years.
“It's my second home and Samantha's first home, so it's great to be here in Chicago doing so well,” said Busch.
Busch will go for the weekend sweep in Sunday’s GEICO 400, the first race in the start of the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup. For the third consecutive year, Chicagoland Speedway will host the first race of the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup this September – the first of ten ‘playoff’ style NASCAR Sprint Cup Series races in pursuit of the 2013 championship.
- CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY CELEBRATES KIDS DRIVE NASCAR WITH FREE YOUTH TICKETING FOR NASCAR XFINITY & NASCAR CAMPING WORLD TRUCK SERIES RACES IN 2017
- NASCAR ORGANIZATIONAL TEST AT CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY TO RAISE AWARENESS FOR R.A.C.E. FOUNDATION
- CHASE ‘N’ THE TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES AT JOHN G. SHEDD AQUARIUM
- YOU'RE INVITED TO NASCAR'S ORGANIZATIONAL TEST AT CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY ON AUGUST 23
- Country Music Star Chase Rice To Kick Off The Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup