CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY ANNOUNCES TRAIN-TO-TRACK SHUTTLE SERVICE PROGRAM FOR THE GEICO 400
Affordable and Hassle-Free Transportation To/From Joliet Station
Joliet, Ill. – August 19, 2013 – Chicagoland Speedway today reintroduced its Train-to-Track program, providing Chicago-area race fans an easy, direct and affordable route to the race track on Sunday, Sept. 15 for the GEICO 400.
The Train-to-Track service will provide shuttle transportation to those fans arriving to Joliet Union Station in downtown Joliet, from the Metra Rock Island Line departing Chicago’s LaSalle Street Station, and stations along the Route. Tickets for the shuttle transportation between Joliet Union Station and Chicagoland Speedway are $3 per person each way ($6 round trip) and must be purchased in advance at by clicking here or by calling Chicagoland Speedway’s administrative offices at 815-722-550 (during regular business hours). Train tickets must be purchased separately through Metra.
“This program allows us to provide a safe and enjoyable transportation service to the growing NASCAR fan base in downtown Chicago, many without personal vehicles or that just may prefer the convenience of public transportation” said Julynn Stiff, director of guest services at Chicagoland Speedway. “We’re bridging the gap and bringing that convenience a step further to Chicagoland Speedway by offering a service to and from Joliet Union Station.”
Guests utilizing the Train-to-Track program will be receive print-at-home tickets upon purchase and must reserve a specific time of departure to the race track. Upon arrival at Joliet Union Station, a Chicagoland Speedway ambassador will greet fans outside and direct fans to a shuttle transporting fans directly to the track. The Chicagoland Speedway ambassador will be available to answer questions throughout the short trip to the track. Train and bus times are below.
The Chicagoland Speedway Train-to-Track Shuttle Service will service the following train schedule to/from Joliet Station:
Chicago (LaSalle Street Station) to Joliet (Metra – Rock Island Line)
- To Joliet
- 8:30am – 9:55am (to Joliet) Bus Departs Joliet Station for Track: 10:15am
- 10:30am – 11:55am (to Joliet) Bus Departs Joliet Station for Track: 12:15pm
- To Chicago
- 6:25pm – 7:29pm (from Joliet) Bus Departs CLS Bus Lot for Joliet Station: 5:30pm*
- 8:25pm – 9:49pm (from Joliet) Bus Departs CLS Bus Lot for Joliet Station: 7:00pm*
*Due to set train schedule, return bus departures will not change regardless of any delays in on-track activity (weather delays, cautions, etc). Due to bus capacities, passengers will only be allowed to return on the bus indicated in the original reservation.
The GEICO 400 is part of a triple-header weekend of action at Chicagoland Speedway Sept. 13-15, including NASCAR Sprint Cup qualifying on Friday afternoon, the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race Friday night, Saturday’s Dollar General 300 Powered by Coca-Cola and Sunday’s GEICO 400, the start of NASCAR’s playoffs.
For the third consecutive year, Chicagoland Speedway will host the first race of the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup this September – the first of ten ‘playoff’ style NASCAR Sprint Cup Series races in pursuit of the 2013 championship. The NASCAR Camping World Truck Series will kick off the weekend on Friday, Sept. 13 along with NASCAR Sprint Cup Series qualifying. On Saturday, Sept. 14, the Dollar General 300 powered by Coca-Cola NASCAR Nationwide Series returns with the GEICO 400 Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup concluding the weekend on Sunday, Sept. 15.
For tickets to the GEICO 400, the Dollar General 300 powered by Coca-Cola, or the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race visit our tickets page or call 1-888-629-RACE (7223).
- ‘RACE’ TO CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY WITH TRAIN-TO-TRACK PROGRAM
- NASCAR XFINITY Series Driver Bubba Wallace to Driver Join s the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Race Team and will Drive the No. 6 Shredder Ford Mustang for Roush Fenway Racing at Chicagoland Speedway
- CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY TO HOST CAR WASH AND OFFER TRACK LAPS FRIDAY, AUGUST 5
- Jeff Gordon Ticket Offer and Question & Answer Session Now Available at Chicagoland Speedway for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 400
- Papa John’s Signs Three-Year Agreement to Serve as Official Pizza of Chicagoland Speedway and Route 66 Raceway