JOIN CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY AND 97.1 FM THE DRIVE IN A BATTLE OF THE BANDS AT THE DOLLAR GENERAL 300 POWERED BY COCA-COLA
Jim Peterik, A Founding Member of Survivor and Lead Singer of the Ides of March, and The Drive’s Steve Downes will serve as judges
Joliet, Ill. – August 27, 2013 – Chicagoland Speedway and 97.1 FM The Drive are giving local bands a shot at stardom this September with the first ever ‘Chicagoland Speedway Battle of the Bands’ competition. Three finalists will perform prior to the Dollar General 300 powered by Coca-Cola on Saturday, Sept. 14 at Chicagoland Speedway with one winner receiving free studio time at Always Be Genius Studio and the chance to open for Blue Oyster Cult and Foghat on Friday, Dec. 13.
Interested bands must submit an MP3 file by Thursday, Sept. 5, in order to be considered for the contest. After all entries are received, three bands will be selected to perform live ahead of the Dollar General 300 Powered by Coca-Cola, with Jim Peterik and The Drive’s Steve Downes serving as judges.
Peterik, a Berwyn, Ill., native has co-written songs for the Lynyrd Skynyrd, Cheap Trick, The Beach Boys, REO Speedwagon and Sammy Hagar among others, while also penning the double-platinum single, “Eye of the Tiger” for Survivor. “Eye of the Tiger” spent six weeks at No.1 on the Billboard Hot 100 and earned a Grammy Award in addition to an Oscar nomination for “Best Song.” Click here for Official Rules.
For the third consecutive year, Chicagoland Speedway will host the first race of the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup this September – the first of ten ‘playoff’ style NASCAR Sprint Cup Series races in pursuit of the 2013 championship. The NASCAR Camping World Truck Series will kick off the weekend on Friday, Sept. 13 along with NASCAR Sprint Cup Series qualifying. On Saturday, Sept. 14, the Dollar General 300 powered by Coca-Cola NASCAR Nationwide Series returns with the GEICO 400 Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup concluding the weekend on Sunday, Sept. 15.
For tickets to the GEICO 400, the Dollar General 300 powered by Coca-Cola, or the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race click here or call 1-888-629-RACE (7223).
- ‘RACE’ TO CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY WITH TRAIN-TO-TRACK PROGRAM
- NASCAR XFINITY Series Driver Bubba Wallace to Driver Join s the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Race Team and will Drive the No. 6 Shredder Ford Mustang for Roush Fenway Racing at Chicagoland Speedway
- CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY TO HOST CAR WASH AND OFFER TRACK LAPS FRIDAY, AUGUST 5
- Jeff Gordon Ticket Offer and Question & Answer Session Now Available at Chicagoland Speedway for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 400
- Papa John’s Signs Three-Year Agreement to Serve as Official Pizza of Chicagoland Speedway and Route 66 Raceway