NASCAR SPRINT CUP SERIES HAULER PARADE RETURNS TO DOWNTOWN JOLIET TO KICK OFF THE CHASE FOR THE NASCAR SPRINT CUP
More Than 30 Sprint Cup Series Team Haulers Will Travel Through Downtown Joliet En Route to Chicagoland Speedway
Joliet, Ill. – September 5, 2013 – For the third consecutive year, NASCAR and Chicagoland Speedway will team up to bring the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Hauler Parade to Downtown Joliet on Thursday, Sept. 12. More than 30 haulers, from Dale Earnhardt Jr. to Jimmie Johnson to Matt Kenseth, will thunder through the streets of Joliet for fans to enjoy as the first race in the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup returns to Chicagoland Speedway.
Race fans are invited to gather at Hollywood Casino Joliet at 4:00 pm (trucks depart at 4:30 pm), to get up close to the haulers and take photos prior to the start of the Parade, which is scheduled to begin at 5:00 pm. The parade will stage west of the river bridge on Jefferson Street before heading east bound on Jefferson and making a left on Scott Street. The Chicagoland Speedway pace car and fire safety vehicles will lead the parade north on Scott Street, before making a left onto Jackson, and then a left on Ottawa to head south en route to Chicagoland Speedway.
Fans can watch the Hauler Parade from anywhere along the route (including the start at Hollywood Casino), but are encouraged to attend designated viewing areas at McBrody’s Bar and Grill (73 W. Jefferson St.), The Joliet Historical Museum (201 N. Ottawa) and the Joliet Public Library (150 N. Ottawa).
The Hauler Parade is part of Joliet’s Race Fan Rally, taking place from 4:00 pm to 10:00 pm on Sept. 12. Race Fan Rally is celebrating its 12th anniversary and features games, a classic car show, driver appearances, live music and fun for the entire family.
Chicagoland Speedway campers already on-site will also have a designated viewing area in the Gate 5 reserved parking lot, located on the north side of the facility. The Hauler Parade is estimated to arrive at The Speedway by 6:00 pm. The lot will not be open to the public.
Haulers by the Numbers:
- A typical NASCAR team hauler measures 72 feet in length
- The trailer itself is 53 feet in length
- They hold a 150 gallon fuel tank on each side
- Each hauler stores two cars
- Haulers and their drivers travel 70,000-75,000 miles per year
For the third consecutive year, Chicagoland Speedway will host the first race of the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup this September – the first of ten ‘playoff’ style NASCAR Sprint Cup Series races in pursuit of the 2013 championship. The EnjoyIllinois.com 225 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series will kick off the weekend on Friday, Sept. 13 along with NASCAR Sprint Cup Series qualifying. On Saturday, Sept. 14, the Dollar General 300 powered by Coca-Cola NASCAR Nationwide Series returns, with the GEICO 400 Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup concluding the weekend on Sunday, Sept. 15.
For tickets to the GEICO 400, the Dollar General 300 powered by Coca-Cola or the EnjoyIllinois.com 225, click hereor call 1-888-629-RACE (7223).
- 2016 NASCAR Schedule Released, NASCAR Reaches Five-Year Sanction Agreements with National Series Tracks
- CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY & LEVY RESTAURANTS VISIT JOLIET TOWNSHIP HIGH SCHOOL CULINARY ARTS STUDENTS
- I-Cash Winner Joins Treasurer Frerichs Presents CLS Pole Qualifying Trophy
- CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY AND ROUTE 66 RACEWAY EXTEND MULTI-YEAR PARTNERSHIP WITH MILLER LITE
- CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY TO HOST THE FIRST RACE IN THE CHASE FOR THE NASCAR SPRINT CUP FOR THE SIXTH CONSECUTIVE YEAR IN 2016