DALE EARNHARDT JR. WILL TURN CHICAGO’S STATE STREET INTO VICTORY LANE ON MONDAY, AUGUST 12
Earnhardt Jr. Will Return to Chicagoland Speedway for the GEICO 400, the First Race in the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup, Sunday, Sept.15
Joliet, Ill. – August 07, 2013 – The first race in the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup is just around the corner and buzz continues to build as Chicagoland Speedway prepares for a thrilling triple-header weekend. In anticipation of the Sept. 13-15 weekend, NASCAR Sprint Cup Series driver Dale Earnhardt Jr. will perform a burnout in a Sprint Cup Series car in front of the iconic Chicago Theater at 10:45 a.m. CT on Monday, Aug. 12.
Following the burnout, just two blocks away, Earnhardt Jr. will visit with fans in Millennium Park’s Wrigley Square for a question-and-answer session lead by Miss Sprint Cup, Jaclyn Roney at 12:15 p.m. Roney, a native of Ann Arbor, Mich., and graduate from Eastern Michigan University, has held the title of Miss Sprint Cup since 2011.
Driver of the No. 88 car, Earnhardt Jr. is currently fifth in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series standings. He has had 12 top-10 finishes and five top-5 finishes during the 2013 season. Earnhardt Jr. has also won NASCAR's NMPA Most Popular Driver Award for 10 consecutive years, tying Bill Elliott for the longest streak in NASCAR history. Earnhardt Jr. will return to Chicagoland Speedway this September for the GEICO 400, the first race in the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup.
For the third consecutive year, Chicagoland Speedway will host the first race of the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup this September – the first of ten ‘playoff’ style NASCAR Sprint Cup Series races in pursuit of the 2013 championship. The NASCAR Camping World Truck Series will kick off the weekend on Friday, Sept. 13 along with NASCAR Sprint Cup Series qualifying. On Saturday, Sept. 14, the Dollar General 300 powered by Coca-Cola NASCAR Nationwide Series returns with the GEICO 400 Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup concluding the weekend on Sunday, Sept. 15.
For more information on the event, click here!
- ‘RACE’ TO CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY WITH TRAIN-TO-TRACK PROGRAM
- NASCAR XFINITY Series Driver Bubba Wallace to Driver Join s the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Race Team and will Drive the No. 6 Shredder Ford Mustang for Roush Fenway Racing at Chicagoland Speedway
- CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY TO HOST CAR WASH AND OFFER TRACK LAPS FRIDAY, AUGUST 5
- Jeff Gordon Ticket Offer and Question & Answer Session Now Available at Chicagoland Speedway for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 400
- Papa John’s Signs Three-Year Agreement to Serve as Official Pizza of Chicagoland Speedway and Route 66 Raceway