DALE EARNHARDT JR. HEATS UP CHICAGO’S STATE STREET WITH BURNOUT
Earnhardt Jr. Returns to Chicagoland Speedway for the GEICO 400, the First Race in the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup, Sunday, Sept.15
Joliet, Ill. – August 12, 2013 – Dale Earnhardt Jr. took Chicago by storm on Monday, performing a celebratory burnout on State Street in front of the legendary Chicago Theatre before travelling to Millennium Park to greet a crowd of adoring fans. Earnhardt Jr., currently sixth in the point standings, will return to Chicagoland Speedway on Sept. 15 for the GEICO 400, the first race in the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup.
The GEICO 400 is part of a triple-header weekend of action at Chicagoland Speedway Sept. 13-15, including NASCAR Sprint Cup qualifying on Friday afternoon, the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race Friday night, Saturday’s Dollar General 300 Powered by Coca-Cola and Sunday’s GEICO 400, the start of NASCAR’s playoffs.
“Chicago is a great town with great fans. It’s fun for us to get out there and do something different, so to put a Cup car on State Street made for a cool day,” said Earnhardt Jr., driver of the No. 88 National Guard ride for Hendrick Motorsports. “We appreciate everyone coming out to see us and we’re looking forward to putting on another great show in September.”
Following the burnout, Earnhardt Jr. visited fans in Millennium Park’s Wrigley Square for a question-and-answer session lead by Miss Sprint Cup, Jaclyn Roney. Roney, a native of Ann Arbor, Mich., and graduate from Eastern Michigan University, has held the title of Miss Sprint Cup since 2011.
For the third consecutive year, Chicagoland Speedway will host the first race of the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup this September – the first of ten ‘playoff’ style NASCAR Sprint Cup Series races in pursuit of the 2013 championship. The NASCAR Camping World Truck Series will kick off the weekend on Friday, Sept. 13 along with NASCAR Sprint Cup Series qualifying. On Saturday, Sept. 14, the Dollar General 300 powered by Coca-Cola NASCAR Nationwide Series returns with the GEICO 400 Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup concluding the weekend on Sunday, Sept. 15.
For tickets to the GEICO 400, the Dollar General 300 powered by Coca-Cola, or the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race visit our Tickets page or call 1-888-629-RACE (7223).
- ‘RACE’ TO CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY WITH TRAIN-TO-TRACK PROGRAM
- NASCAR XFINITY Series Driver Bubba Wallace to Driver Join s the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Race Team and will Drive the No. 6 Shredder Ford Mustang for Roush Fenway Racing at Chicagoland Speedway
- CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY TO HOST CAR WASH AND OFFER TRACK LAPS FRIDAY, AUGUST 5
- Jeff Gordon Ticket Offer and Question & Answer Session Now Available at Chicagoland Speedway for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 400
- Papa John’s Signs Three-Year Agreement to Serve as Official Pizza of Chicagoland Speedway and Route 66 Raceway