MICHAEL ANNETT ROLLS INTO CHICAGOLAND FOR THE STP 300 ON SUNDAY, JULY 21
Michael Annett and the No. 43 team head to Chicagoland Speedway this weekend with an exciting new look. The Des Moines, Iowa native will bring the iconic STP paint job to the NASCAR Nationwide Series on his No. 43 ride in the STP 300 NASCAR Nationwide Series race on Sunday, July 21.
In his six-race history at Chicagoland Speedway, Annett has produced three Top 10 finishes; including a 5th place finish in last year’s STP 300. He returns to the 1.5-mile, oval track looking for a victory as he also competes as one of four drivers in the Dash 4 Cash contest. His top-five finish at New Hampshire Motor Speedway last weekend earned him eligibility for the Dash 4 Cash program for the STP 300.
"I'm really looking forward to this weekend in Chicago,” said the No. 43 STP driver. “Not only do we have STP on the car, but we're qualified for a chance to win the Dash 4 Cash bonus. It felt really good to get the first top-five of the season out of the way last week, and we're definitely ready for more.”
The “Dash 4 Cash” program began in 2009 and rewards the highest-finishing eligible driver with a $100,000 bonus above and beyond the race purse. In four select races during the 2013 season, including the STP 300 at Chicagoland Speedway, four drivers who qualify to compete for the $100,000 per-race bonus will hit the track in the “Dash 4 Cash.” The “Dash 4 Cash” winner in the designated races does not have to win the race; he or she simply must be the highest-finishing eligible NASCAR Nationwide Series driver in the race.
The Rally, Rock & Race weekend will be headlined by the STP 300 NASCAR Nationwide Series race on Sunday, a rare off weekend for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series. Following the STP 300, the future stars of NASCAR will take to the 1.5-mile oval in the Ansell ActivArmr® 150 ARCA Racing Series Presented by Menards. The weekend also features two nights of the Traxxas TORC Series, complete with Baja-style off-road racing at Route 66 Raceway’s dirt oval.
For more information on the ’13 race season at Chicagoland Speedway or to purchase tickets, call 888-629-RACE (7223) or visit our Tickets page.
- ‘RACE’ TO CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY WITH TRAIN-TO-TRACK PROGRAM
- NASCAR XFINITY Series Driver Bubba Wallace to Driver Join s the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Race Team and will Drive the No. 6 Shredder Ford Mustang for Roush Fenway Racing at Chicagoland Speedway
- CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY TO HOST CAR WASH AND OFFER TRACK LAPS FRIDAY, AUGUST 5
- Jeff Gordon Ticket Offer and Question & Answer Session Now Available at Chicagoland Speedway for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 400
- Papa John’s Signs Three-Year Agreement to Serve as Official Pizza of Chicagoland Speedway and Route 66 Raceway