JOEY LOGANO HOLDS OFF TEAMMATE SAM HORNISH JR. FOR STP 300 WIN AT CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY
Corey LaJoie Takes the Checkered Flag for the Ansell ActivArmr® 150 ARCA Racing Series
Joliet, Ill. – July 21, 2013 – Joey Logano scored his 20th career win and second victory of the season during the STP 300 NASCAR Nationwide Series race. Sunday’s lone Sprint Cup Series regular held off teammate Sam Hornish Jr. by 0.3 seconds for the win at Chicagoland Speedway.
"I don't know if we had the car to beat, but we kept working on the car," said Logano, who led five times for a total of 35 laps. "At the beginning of the race, it was kind of a third or fourth-place car. (Crew chief) Jeremy (Bullins) made great changes throughout the race to make it better."
Second place finisher Hornish Jr. started on the pole and led the first 49 laps before he was forced back to 20th after a speeding violation on pit road. Austin Dillon finished third, winning a hefty $100,000 bonus in his second Dash 4 Cash victory.
Defending STP 300 winner Elliot Sadler had the lead on a restart with 24 laps remaining, but ultimately finished fourth, followed by Brian Vickers. Hornish Jr., Dillon, Sadler and Vickers all qualified for the Dash 4 Cash next week at Indianapolis Motor Speedway, the final 2013 Dash 4 Cash Nationwide Series race.
Corey LaJoie, 21, claimed the checkered flag in his second career-start in the ARCA Racing Series presented by Menards today at Chicagoland Speedway. Rounding out the top three finishers in the Ansell ActivArmr® 150, Josh Williams placed second with Ryan Blaney in third.
For the third consecutive year, Chicagoland Speedway hosts the first race of the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup this September – the first of ten ‘playoff’ style NASCAR Sprint Cup Series races in pursuit of the 2013 championship. The NASCAR Camping World Truck Series will kick off the weekend on Friday, Sept. 13. On Saturday, Sept. 14, the Dollar General 300 powered by Coca-Cola NASCAR Nationwide Series returns with the GEICO 400 Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup concluding the weekend on Sunday, Sept. 15.
For tickets and more information on the GEICO 400, click here.
- ‘RACE’ TO CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY WITH TRAIN-TO-TRACK PROGRAM
- NASCAR XFINITY Series Driver Bubba Wallace to Driver Join s the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Race Team and will Drive the No. 6 Shredder Ford Mustang for Roush Fenway Racing at Chicagoland Speedway
- CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY TO HOST CAR WASH AND OFFER TRACK LAPS FRIDAY, AUGUST 5
- Jeff Gordon Ticket Offer and Question & Answer Session Now Available at Chicagoland Speedway for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 400
- Papa John’s Signs Three-Year Agreement to Serve as Official Pizza of Chicagoland Speedway and Route 66 Raceway