Chicago Racing Corner: Venturini Motorsports
Venturini Motorsports is home to a proud tradition of racing and it all started right here in Chicago. Back in the 1950’s, Tony Venturini raced stock cars at Soldier Field and had a seven-year career in motorsports competing against legends like Elmhurst native and 2014 NASCAR Hall of Fame nominee, Fred Lorenzen.
Tony’s son, Bill Venturini, is now the CEO of Venturini Motorsports (VMS) and dedicated his life to the business his father loved. As a driver, Bill was a two-time ARCA Racing Series Champion (1987, 1991) and the ARCA Racing Series Rookie of the Year in 1983 en route to being enshrined in the International Motorsports Hall of Fame outside Talladega Superspeedway. Under Bill’s leadership, VMS has celebrated 30 successful years in the ARCA racing series with numerous championships and induction into the Italian American Sports Hall of Fame.
In addition to a legacy of winning races, Venturini Motorsports has also helped to develop 23 NASCAR drivers since 2007, including Illinois native, Justin Allgaier, and NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Driver, Joey Logano. In 2013, VMS is took yet another step forward by debuting a car in the NASCAR Nationwide Series. The No. 25 VMS Toyota will run multiple Nationwide Series races with driver John Wes Townley, including an event at Talladega Superspeedway.
The Venturini team has also found success at Chicagoland Speedway, as driver Kevin Swindell won last season’s ARCA race as the VMS team celebrated its 30th Anniversary.
"Chicagoland has always been considered our home track and we've had a lot of success here over the years,” said Tom Venturini, vice president of marketing at Venturini Motorsports. “It’s an honor to be recognized by the track for our success and contributions to racing and it’s very special to partner with them for this unique fan experience promotion. We’re looking forward to another fantastic event in July."
This summer, one lucky winner will have a chance to join the first family of Illinois stock car racing and their legendary team as part of a Chicagoland Speedway contest. Stay tuned for details and don’t miss your chance to be part of the Venturini Motorsports team for a day!
Click here to learn more about NASCAR drivers and personalities from Chicago and the surrounding area!
- NASCAR XFINITY Series Driver Bubba Wallace to Driver Join s the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Race Team and will Drive the No. 6 Shredder Ford Mustang for Roush Fenway Racing at Chicagoland Speedway
- CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY TO HOST CAR WASH AND OFFER TRACK LAPS FRIDAY, AUGUST 5
- Jeff Gordon Ticket Offer and Question & Answer Session Now Available at Chicagoland Speedway for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 400
- Papa John’s Signs Three-Year Agreement to Serve as Official Pizza of Chicagoland Speedway and Route 66 Raceway
- We're Celebrating Our 15th Anniversary With A Special Camping Giveaway and MORE!