Join Our Team for the Chicago Marathon to Support Youth Programs
When you run for R.A.C.E. , you are supporting youth programs, the military and safe driving efforts in the Chicagoland area. Through grants, scholarships, food drives and more, the R.A.C.E. Foundation provided more than $70,000 in charitable gifts during its inaugural year in 2012. With your hard work, dedication and fundraising, we hope to reach an even greater number in 2013. Space is limited don’t wait another minute to Join the R.A.C.E. today!
You can start by visiting http://www.firstgiving.com/racefoundation to set up your fundraising page before registering for the Bank of America Chicago Marathon on Feb. 19 at noon. Each team member will have to raise a minimum of $800 to received various fundraising incentives along the way along with an official R.A.C.E. tech t-shirt, training program and tools to help with your fundraising!
- As part of a long-standing partnership with Joliet Township High Schools, R.A.C.E. teamed up with JTHS students to create the Benchmark Project in 2012. This was an opportunity for students to get business experience and mentoring from business professionals while also raising money for charity. The students designed and fabricated benches to be sold for charity and placed on Chicagoland Speedway property. The benches generated $20,000 for charity, which was split among the G.W. Buck Boys and Girls Club, Make-A-Wish Foundation and the Will County Humane Society. Student participants were awarded scholarships based on their achievements. In 2013, students will take part in the Route 66 Raceway 15th Anniversary Banner Project, designing grandstand banners to be displayed outside of Route 66 Raceway, with the proceeds going to charity.
- R.A.C.E. holds various community events throughout the year, from an Easter Egg Hunt to a Car Wash to Santa Claus appearing in Gatorade Victory Lane. These events are not only intended to embrace the community, but also serve as fundraisers, food drives and Toys for Tots donations to benefit the local community.
- At year end, R.A.C.E. distributes grants to various Chicagoland charities and was proud to present over $25,000 in grants in 2012. The Bridge Teen Center, Greater Joliet YMCA, George Werden Buck Boys and Girls Club, Nathan C. Splant Foundation and Will County Children’s Advocacy Center were selected and recognized for their notable contributions to the community and were awarded cash donations through the grant process. In addition to the $25,000 in grants, the Speedway also awarded another $45,000 through scholarships, silent auctions, partnerships and raffles.
- JIM CORNELISON TO PERFORM NATIONAL ANTHEM AT CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY THIS SEPTEMBER
- AMERICAN ETHANOL E15 ANNOUNCED AS EVENT TITLE SPONSOR FOR NASCAR CAMPING WORLD TRUCK SERIES RACE AT CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY
- "FURIOUS 7” TO SPONSOR CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY XFINITY SERIES RACE
- RUSTY WALLACE HEADLINES 2015 LEGENDS CLUB AT CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY
- GROUPON AND CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY TEAM UP TO BRING FIRST EVER NASCAR WEEKEND FANTASY CAMP TO RACE FANS