Chicagoland Speedway President Paddock Discusses Business in the Fast Lane
ELMHURST, Ill. – Many people don’t realize that NASCAR is one of the most-watched sports in America. What has fueled this wave of fan support and how has NASCAR evolved since it emerged on the national scene in the 1950s and 60s?
On Thursday, February 28 at 7 p.m., the Elmhurst Historical Museum presents Scott Paddock, President of Chicagoland Speedway, who will shed light on the growth of the NASCAR brand in the Midwest and the popularity of this fast-paced sport. Mr. Paddock’s presentation, The Business of NASCAR Racing, is part of the monthly “It’s History” series of adult programs and will take place in the Elmhurst Historical Museum’s Education Center, located at 120 E. Park Ave. in Elmhurst.
Mr. Paddock currently serves as President of Chicagoland Speedway in Joliet, the largest sports facility in the state. Paddock is a veteran of the sports marketing industry and has formerly served as director of sports marketing for Gatorade. His program is presented in conjunction with the exhibit, “On the Road to Glory: Fred Lorenzen,” which is sponsored by Chicagoland Speedway and runs through May 19, 2013.
Admission to the program is free (donations welcome), and limited on-site parking is available. The “On the Road to Glory” exhibit will be open from 1 until 7 p.m. in the Glos Mansion for viewing prior to the presentation.
Find out about the business side of NASCAR on February 28th during this special evening presentation at the Elmhurst Historical Museum. For more information, please visit www.elmhursthistory.org or call 630-833-1457.
The mission of the Elmhurst Historical Museum is to engage people with history through collection, exhibition, and education. The museum is located at 120 E. Park Avenue in Elmhurst. General admission is free with nominal fees for special programs. Public gallery hours are Tuesday through Sunday, 1:00 to 5:00 p.m. For more information, call 630-833-1457 or visit our web site at www.elmhursthistory.org
- ‘RACE’ TO CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY WITH TRAIN-TO-TRACK PROGRAM
- NASCAR XFINITY Series Driver Bubba Wallace to Driver Join s the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Race Team and will Drive the No. 6 Shredder Ford Mustang for Roush Fenway Racing at Chicagoland Speedway
- CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY TO HOST CAR WASH AND OFFER TRACK LAPS FRIDAY, AUGUST 5
- Jeff Gordon Ticket Offer and Question & Answer Session Now Available at Chicagoland Speedway for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 400
- Papa John’s Signs Three-Year Agreement to Serve as Official Pizza of Chicagoland Speedway and Route 66 Raceway