Chicagoland Speedway Announces Second Race Weekend in 2013
The STP 300 NASCAR Nationwide Series Race returns to Chicagoland Speedway on Sunday, July 21, 2013
Joliet, Ill. — November 13, 2012 — Chicagoland Speedway today announced that in addition to theSeptember Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup race weekend, NASCAR’s Nationwide Series will visit the speedway on Sunday, July 21, 2013 with the return of the STP 300.Chicagoland Speedway also welcomes the return of the ARCA Racing Series presented by Menards for a full day of racing excitement. As in 2012, this day once again coincides with a rare off-weekend for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series.
“We are elated to begin our 13th season of racing by welcoming the future stars of NASCAR to Chicagoland Speedway,” said Scott Paddock, president of Chicagoland Speedway. “With the ARCA Racing Series and the NASCAR Nationwide Series in town, our fans are afforded the unique opportunity to watch some of the sport’s best young drivers headline Sunday’s premier motorsports events.”
Also announced, tickets for the 2013 NASCAR race weekends at Chicagoland Speedway go on-sale Sunday, February 24, 2013 in conjunction with the 55th running of the Daytona 500. For more information on the ’13 race season at Chicagoland speedway or to purchase tickets, call 888-629-RACE (7223) or visit www.ChicagolandSpeedway.com.
For a reminder alert of the 2013 ticket on-sale, click here.
Returning for the third consecutive year, the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup will once again kick-off at Chicagoland Speedway – Sept. 13-15, 2013. The three-day weekend will begin with the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series under the lights on Friday night. On Saturday, Sept. 14, the Dollar General 300 Powered by Coca-Cola NASCAR Nationwide Series race will hit the track as the precursor to Sunday’s GEICO 400, the first race in the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup.
The complete 2013 NASCAR schedule of events at Chicagoland Speedway is as follows:
Sunday, July 21 STP 300 (NASCAR Nationwide Series)
ARCA Racing Series presented by Menards
Friday, Sept. 13 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series
Saturday, Sept. 14 Dollar General 300 Powered by Coca-Cola (NASCAR Nationwide Series)
Sunday, Sept. 15 GEICO 400 (NASCAR Sprint Cup Series)
- NASCAR XFINITY Series Driver Bubba Wallace to Driver Join s the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Race Team and will Drive the No. 6 Shredder Ford Mustang for Roush Fenway Racing at Chicagoland Speedway
- CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY TO HOST CAR WASH AND OFFER TRACK LAPS FRIDAY, AUGUST 5
- Jeff Gordon Ticket Offer and Question & Answer Session Now Available at Chicagoland Speedway for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 400
- Papa John’s Signs Three-Year Agreement to Serve as Official Pizza of Chicagoland Speedway and Route 66 Raceway
- We're Celebrating Our 15th Anniversary With A Special Camping Giveaway and MORE!