RICKY STENHOUSE JR. TAKES HIS FIRST TRIP TO GATORADE VICTORY LANE AT CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY
Joliet, Ill. – Sept. 15, 2012 – Ricky Stenhouse Jr. overcame a pit road mishap to earn a win at Chicagoland Speedway in the Dollar General 300 Powered by Coca-Cola. Stenhouse, who finished second at Chicagoland in July, won for the second time in the past four races on the NASCAR Nationwide Series circuit.
After pitting under caution, Stenhouse stalled his car on exit and left pit road in 11th place. After driving his way back through the field, Stenhouse passed Kyle Busch with 20 laps to go and drove to a win and a nine-point series lead.
''We knew if we won coming in here to Chicago that we would leave the points leader and that is what it is all about,'' Stenhouse said. ''It is going to be tough as you can see. Elliott was up front as well and he runs good at every racetrack we have left as well. It is going to be a lot of fun.''
Stenhouse, who will run Sprint Cup races in the No. 17 car next year for Roush Fenway Racing, is now on pace for back-to-back Nationwide Series championships.
"I feel like we've got good momentum, but in this business and this sport, anything can change at any time," Stenhouse said. "You've got to keep your guard up. We've got to keep not making mistakes."
Racing resumes tomorrow at Chicagoland Speedway when NASCAR’s stars take to the track for the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup in the GEICO 400. Race coverage begins at 1 p.m. on ESPN.
For more information on fan hospitality and single-day race tickets for the GEICO 400, call 888-629-RACE (7223) or log on to www.ChicagolandSpeedway.com. For more information on Chicagoland Speedway, stay connected on Twitter and Facebook or by visiting www.ChicagolandSpeedway.com.
2013 Driver Standings
- Lucas Oil 225 to kick off Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup weekend at Chicagoland Speedway
- Ansell Protective Products Renews ARCA Sponsorship at Chicagoland Speedway
- Jimmy John's Gourmet Sandwiches Announced As Event Title Sponsor for NASCAR Nationwide Series Race at Chicagoland Speedway
- Don't Be An April Fool and Miss Out On The Best Prices Of The Season at Chicagoland Speedway
- Chicagoland Speedway and Route 66 Raceway 2014 Fan Advisory Council Is Here