CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY ANNOUNCES 2013 NASCAR TRIPLE-HEADER WEEKEND
Joliet, Ill. — Sept. 25, 2012 — Chicagoland Speedway today announced that for the third consecutive year they will kick off the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup, Sept. 13-15, with a triple-header weekend featuring NASCAR’s three premier series. The Speedway will also host a stand-alone Nationwide Series race during the 2013 summer on a yet to be determined date.
“We are thrilled to kick off the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup for a third consecutive year,” said Scott Paddock, president of Chicagoland Speedway. “It is always very special to welcome the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series to your market, but being selected to host the first race of the Chase is quite an honor and privilege. We anxiously await the opportunity to build on the excitement created over the past two seasons and will continue to give the Chase the elevated platform it deserves next September.”
The Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup weekend at Chicagoland Speedway – Sept. 13-15, 2013 – will begin with the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series under the lights on Friday night. On Saturday, Sept. 14, the Dollar General 300 Powered by Coca-Cola Nationwide Series will hit the track as the precursor to Sunday’s GEICO 400, the first race in the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup.
The complete September NASCAR weekend at Chicagoland Speedway is as follows:
Friday, Sept. 13 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series
Saturday, Sept. 14 Dollar General 300 Powered by Coca-Cola (NASCAR Nationwide Series)
Sunday, Sept. 15 GEICO 400 (NASCAR Sprint Cup Series)
For instant notification of the 2013 ticket on-sale date, click here.
- RUSTY WALLACE HEADLINES 2015 LEGENDS CLUB AT CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY
- GROUPON AND CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY TEAM UP TO BRING FIRST EVER NASCAR WEEKEND FANTASY CAMP TO RACE FANS
- ILLINOIS TREASURER’S I-CASH PROGRAM TO SPONSOR POLE QUALIFYING AT CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY
- ERIK JONES TAKES THE CHECKERED FLAG IN OWENS CORNING ATTICAT® 300 AT CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY
- CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY PROVIDES FANS WITH MORE THAN RACING OVER FATHER’S DAY WEEKEND