Three-Time NASCAR Sprint Cup Champion Tony Stewary Greets ‘14’ Chicagoland Speedway Fans
Reigning GEICO 400 Winner Anticipates Return to Chicagoland This September
Joliet, Ill. – August 24, 2012 – Typically sharing a lane with Tony Stewart is reserved for 42 competitors during Sprint Cup races, but 14 lucky Chicagoland Speedway fans had the chance to do so on Thursday at Lucky Strike Lanes in Downtown Chicago.
The reigning NASCAR Sprint Cup and GEICO 400 Champion arrived in town to enjoy a day of bowling with fans and set the stage for his return to Chicagoland with the start of the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup on Sept. 16.
“The fans are one of the many things that make NASCAR great, so it’s fun to get out and spend some time with them away from the track,” Stewart said. “Fortunately, I’m a little bit better of a driver than a bowler, so we’re looking forward to coming back to Chicago in three weeks to kick off the Chase and take another shot at a championship.”
Chicagoland Speedway is the first race of the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup this September – the first of ten ‘playoff’ style NASCAR Sprint Cup Series races in pursuit of the 2012 championship. The Dollar General 300 powered by Coca-Cola NASCAR Nationwide Series will kick off the weekend on Saturday, Sept. 15 with the GEICO 400 Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup concluding the weekend on Sunday, Sept. 16.
For tickets to the GEICO® 400, the start of the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup, or the Dollar General® 300 powered by Coca-Cola®, CLICK HERE or call 1-888-629-RACE (7223).
- RUSTY WALLACE HEADLINES 2015 LEGENDS CLUB AT CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY
- GROUPON AND CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY TEAM UP TO BRING FIRST EVER NASCAR WEEKEND FANTASY CAMP TO RACE FANS
- ILLINOIS TREASURER’S I-CASH PROGRAM TO SPONSOR POLE QUALIFYING AT CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY
- ERIK JONES TAKES THE CHECKERED FLAG IN OWENS CORNING ATTICAT® 300 AT CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY
- CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY PROVIDES FANS WITH MORE THAN RACING OVER FATHER’S DAY WEEKEND