NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Hauler Parade in Downtown Joliet to Kick Off the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup
More Than 30 Sprint Cup Series Team Haulers Will Travel Through Downtown Joliet En Route to Chicagoland Speedway
Joliet, Ill. – August 29, 2012 – For the second consecutive year, NASCAR and Chicagoland Speedway will team up to bring the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Hauler Parade to Downtown Joliet on Thursday, Sept. 13. More than 30 haulers, from Dale Earnhardt Jr. to Jimmie Johnson to Tony Stewart, will thunder through the streets for race fans to enjoy on their way to Chicagoland Speedway.
“One of the many advantages to hosting a major NASCAR event weekend in your backyard is the energy and excitement that comes along with it,” said Dawn Martin, senior manager of consumer marketing at Chicagoland Speedway. “By consulting with NASCAR, we are able to provide a great entertainment option to the community which has so graciously supported us. Between the Hauler Parade on Thursday and Race Fan Rally on Friday, we hope the entire City of Joliet is able to come out and join in the family-friendly fun.”
Fans are invited to gather at Hollywood Casino Joliet (777 Hollywood Blvd.) at 4:00 pm to get up close to the haulers and take photos prior to the start of the Parade, which is scheduled to begin at 5:00 pm. The parade will stage west of the river bridge on Jefferson Street before heading east bound on Jefferson and making a left on Scott Street. The Chicagoland Speedway pace car and fire safety vehicles will lead the parade north on Scott Street, before making a left onto Jackson, and then a left on Ottawa to head south en route to Chicagoland Speedway.
Race fans can watch the Hauler Parade from anywhere along the route (including the start at Hollywood Casino), but are encouraged to attend designated viewing areas at McBrody’s Bar and Grill (73 W. Jefferson St.), The Joliet Historical Museum (201 N. Ottawa) and the Joliet Public Library (150 N. Ottawa).
Chicagoland Speedway campers already on-site will also have a designated viewing area in the Gate 5 reserved parking lot, located on the north side of the facility. The Hauler Parade is estimated to arrive at The Speedway by 6:00 pm. The lot will not be open to the public.
Haulers by the Numbers:
- A typical NASCAR team hauler measures 72 feet in length
- The trailer itself is 53 feet in length
- They hold a 150 gallon fuel tank on each side
- Each hauler stores two cars
- Haulers and their drivers travel 70,000-75,000 miles per year
For tickets to the GEICO 400 and the Dollar General 300 powered by Coca-Cola at Chicagoland Speedway, visit www.ChicagolandSpeedway.com or call 1-888-629-RACE (7223).
- 2016 NASCAR Schedule Released, NASCAR Reaches Five-Year Sanction Agreements with National Series Tracks
- CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY & LEVY RESTAURANTS VISIT JOLIET TOWNSHIP HIGH SCHOOL CULINARY ARTS STUDENTS
- I-Cash Winner Joins Treasurer Frerichs Presents CLS Pole Qualifying Trophy
- CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY AND ROUTE 66 RACEWAY EXTEND MULTI-YEAR PARTNERSHIP WITH MILLER LITE
- CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY TO HOST THE FIRST RACE IN THE CHASE FOR THE NASCAR SPRINT CUP FOR THE SIXTH CONSECUTIVE YEAR IN 2016