Chicagoland Speedway Announces Friday, September 14, NASCAR Practice Day Open to Fans
$10 Required Donation to Charity Benefitting Local Community
Joliet, Ill. – August 16, 2012 – Chicagoland Speedway will open a portion of the south grandstands on Friday, September 14 for viewing of the NASCAR Nationwide and Sprint Cup Series practice sessions. For a $10 donation to R.A.C.E., Chicagoland Speedway’s 501(c)(3) foundation, fans will have access to general admission seating in the stands. Tickets are only available for purchase on September 14 at the south gate. Kids 12 and under will be admitted free of charge.
Fans can enter through Gate 2 off of Schweitzer road and park in Lot P. Parking lots will open at 10:00 am with gates opening at 11:00 am. NASCAR Sprint Cup Series practice will take place from noon – 1:30 pm and 3:00 pm – 4:30 pm, while Nationwide series practice will run from 1:40 pm – 2:50 pm and 4:40 pm – 6:00 pm. There will be limited food and beverage concessions and one soft-sided bag or cooler, no larger than 6 x 6 x 12 inches, will be allowed. Champions Park and the Pit Area will not be open.
Chicagoland Speedway encourages fans to express their thoughts and ideas through social media channels or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For tickets to the GEICO® 400, the start of the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup, or the Dollar General® 300 powered by Coca-Cola®, visit www.ChicagolandSpeedway.com or call 1-888-629-RACE (7223).
R.A.C.E., racing advocates for community enrichment, was established in 2012 providing support to nonprofit organizations and charitable causes while volunteering to cultivate community growth. A Chicagoland Speedway and Route 66 Raceway foundation, R.A.C.E. aims to improve the quality of life for the greater Chicagoland area. We are a 501-c3 non-profit entity under the umbrella of the NASCAR Foundation.
- 2016 NASCAR Schedule Released, NASCAR Reaches Five-Year Sanction Agreements with National Series Tracks
- CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY & LEVY RESTAURANTS VISIT JOLIET TOWNSHIP HIGH SCHOOL CULINARY ARTS STUDENTS
- I-Cash Winner Joins Treasurer Frerichs Presents CLS Pole Qualifying Trophy
- CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY AND ROUTE 66 RACEWAY EXTEND MULTI-YEAR PARTNERSHIP WITH MILLER LITE
- CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY TO HOST THE FIRST RACE IN THE CHASE FOR THE NASCAR SPRINT CUP FOR THE SIXTH CONSECUTIVE YEAR IN 2016