James Buescher Takes His First Trip to Gatorade Victory Lane at Chicagoland Speedway
Buescher Captures his Third Win of the Season in the American Ethanol 225
Joliet, Ill. – July 21, 2012 – A faulty carburetor was no match for James Buescher on Saturday night, as the Plano, Texas native overcame a two-lap deficit in route to winning the American Ethanol 225 at Chicagoland Speedway. The win was Buescher’s first at Chicagoland Speedway and the third of his career.
“We came to pit road and lost two laps changing the carburetor, we weren’t sure if that was going to be the fix or not, but when I left pit road it felt a lot better,” said Buescher. “I knew I had to pass 20-some-odd trucks in less than 40 laps…these guys worked hard to be able to get it to Gatorade Victory Lane and I can’t say enough about all of them.”
Following a tight restart on lap 148, Buescher took the lead from Timothy Peters on the final lap and was able to hold off a charge from Brendan Gaughan, who led 83 of the race’s 150 laps but finished second. Matt Crafton and Parker Kligerman rounded out the top five.
“Second place looks like it’d be fantastic, but not when you have a truck that good,” Gaughan said.
The action returns to the track tomorrow when Danica Patrick, Kyle Busch, and Travis Pastrana look to challenge defending STP 300 champion and Illinois native, Justin Allgaier, in the NASCAR Nationwide Series.
For more information on fan hospitality, weekend packages and single-day race tickets for Chicagoland Speedway’s 2012 season, call 888-629-RACE (7223) or log on to www.ChicagolandSpeedway.com. For more information on Chicagoland Speedway, stay connected on Twitter and Facebook or by visiting www.ChicagolandSpeedway.com.
- Clint Bowyer Joining JR Motorsports for NXS Race at Chicagoland
- SCOTT® Renews Sponsorship of Chicagoland ARCA Racing Series Race
- NICKELODEON ANNOUNCES ENTITLEMENT SPONSORSHIP OF TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES 400 NASCAR SPRINT CUP SERIES RACE AT CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY, SEPT. 18
- Go Green For Spring Festival presented by Julie to be held Saturday, April 30
- JOLIET TOWNSHIP HIGH SCHOOL AND CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY RAISE NEARLY $6,000 AT COOKING FOR A CAUSE