Matt Kenseth Visits Chicago to Drive Chase Cab and Greet Chicagoland Speedway Fans
Daytona 500 Champion sets the stage for his September return
Joliet, Ill. – April 24, 2012 – Most people know Wisconsin native and Daytona 500 Champion, Matt Kenseth, as one of NASCAR’s premier drivers. Things were slightly different last Thursday, when the citizens of Chicago got to know him as…cab driver.
The “Chase Cab”, celebrating the start of the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup at Chicagoland Speedway, picked up passengers in the heart of downtown Chicago expecting an ordinary trip. What they received was anything but, as they climbed into the No. 17 cab to see the 2003 NASCAR Cup Series Champion armed with trivia questions rather than a GPS. Questions ranged from NASCAR history to his beloved Green Bay Packers, but the constant was a group of shocked passengers.
“The Chase Cab was interesting,” said Kenseth. “We had a lot people come in looking for a ride somewhere, but instead they got to answer some questions and get some cool prizes from Chicagoland Speedway."
Kenseth also took time to meet with Chicagoland Speedway season ticket holders, who were selected at random to participate in a question-and-answer session led by Chicagoland Speedway president, Scott Paddock, and Comcast SportsNet Anchor, David Kaplan. For his part, Kenseth enjoyed a break from the racing grind, which he will return to this Saturday at Richmond International Raceway.
“It's always fun to come out and see the fans and hang out, especially when you're not at the track,” said Kenseth. “You don't have all the pressures and stress of being there and thinking about the car and practice and that kind of stuff, I had a good time today.”
To become a season ticket holder today, call 888-629-RACE (7223) or log on to www.ChicagolandSpeedway.com.
- ‘RACE’ TO CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY WITH TRAIN-TO-TRACK PROGRAM
- NASCAR XFINITY Series Driver Bubba Wallace to Driver Join s the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Race Team and will Drive the No. 6 Shredder Ford Mustang for Roush Fenway Racing at Chicagoland Speedway
- CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY TO HOST CAR WASH AND OFFER TRACK LAPS FRIDAY, AUGUST 5
- Jeff Gordon Ticket Offer and Question & Answer Session Now Available at Chicagoland Speedway for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 400
- Papa John’s Signs Three-Year Agreement to Serve as Official Pizza of Chicagoland Speedway and Route 66 Raceway