Inaugural Easter Egg Hunt a Great Success at Chicagoland Speedway
Thank you Chicagoland Speedway fans!
Joliet, Ill. – April 9, 2012 – On Saturday, March 31, Chicagoland Speedway held its first ever “Easter Egg Dash” to benefit Easter Seals Joliet Region. For a suggested $10 donation, fans had access to the infield, media center and Gatorade Victory Lane while visiting with the Easter Bunny and Chicagoland Speedway Mascot, Dash.
“First and foremost, I want to thank our fans for coming out on a chilly morning to support us and Easter Seals,” said Chicagoland Speedway president Scott Paddock. “The generosity from those who participated resulted in over $2,700 being raised for charity, and we hope to continue the tradition of celebrating the Easter holiday with our fans in a fun way that also benefits the local community.”
Visiting families had the opportunity to take pictures in Gatorade Victory Lane with Dash and the Easter Bunny, as well as the chance to participate in Easter Egg Hunts. Children from ages 1-12 picked up over 5,000 eggs from various locations in the Chicagoland Speedway infield throughout the day.
Inside the media center, kids were involved in numerous craft activities and visited with the Joliet Forest Preserve. The Joliet Fire Department also joined in the fun by bringing an engine and allowing children to take an up close look at some of their equipment.
Next Media stations, WJOL and WCCQ, broadcasted live for the entire day, providing entertainment to the more than 1,200 people in attendance for the inaugural “Easter Egg Dash.”
To learn more about children’s events at Chicagoland Speedway, register for Kids Club online today!
- Kimberly-Clark Professional extends ARCA race sponsorship of SCOTT® 150 at Chicagoland Speedway
- Chicagoland Speedway Wins Business Leader Of The Year Image Award
- Fans Who Purchase Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Tickets Can Receive their Money Back If Dale Earnhardt Jr. Wins The Daytona 500
- CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY GO GREEN FOR SPRING PRESENTED BY JULIE TO BE HELD SATURDAY, APRIL 8
- R.A.C.E. DONATES NEARLY $50,000 IN 2016