Chicagoland Speedway & Route 66 Raceway Gather Food and Clothing for Victims of Harrisburg, IL Tornado
Race fans and local community encouraged to contribute non-perishable food items or gently worn clothing by Friday, March 9, at 5 p.m.
Joliet, Ill. – March 6, 2012 – In the wake of a tornado which claimed the lives of six residents and left hundreds without a home, Chicagoland Speedway and Route 66 Raceway are organizing a food and clothing drive to assist the community of Harrisburg, Ill. Beginning today through Friday, March 9, race fans and community members are encouraged to join these efforts by dropping off non-perishable food items and/or gently worn clothing to the Chicagoland Speedway administrative building (500 Speedway Boulevard, Joliet, IL 60433). The building will be open for donations between 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. the remainder of the week.
“Time and time again we have seen just how generous race fans can be, and it is our hope that we can band together once more to give assistance to the people of Harrisburg,” said Scott Paddock, Chicagoland Speedway and Route 66 Raceway president. “Any contribution, no matter how modest, can make a difference to those suffering through a terrible tragedy.”
In addition to donating over 275 cases of water, Chicagoland Speedway and Route 66 Raceway will also transport the goods to the Salvation Army in Harrisburg once all items are collected. Anyone wishing to make a monetary contribution to relief efforts can call 618-529-1525; donate online at www.redcrossstl.org, or text RedCross to 90999 for an immediate $10 donation.
- SCOTT® Renews Sponsorship of Chicagoland ARCA Racing Series Race
- NICKELODEON ANNOUNCES ENTITLEMENT SPONSORSHIP OF TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES 400 NASCAR SPRINT CUP SERIES RACE AT CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY, SEPT. 18
- Go Green For Spring Festival presented by Julie to be held Saturday, April 30
- JOLIET TOWNSHIP HIGH SCHOOL AND CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY RAISE NEARLY $6,000 AT COOKING FOR A CAUSE
- FOUR FINALISTS NAMED FOR JOLIET TOWNSHIP HIGH SCHOOL AND CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY COOKING FOR A CAUSE FUNDRAISER