Chicagoland Speedway & Route 66 Raceway to Allow Pets in Campgrounds for 2012 Race Season
Bring the WHOLE family, pets permitted throughout the race weekend for the first time in history!
Joliet, Ill. – March 1, 2012 – As a result of fan feedback and the desire to continue to make more fan friendly changes, Chicagoland Speedway and Route 66 Raceway will allow pets in both facilities’ campgrounds for the first time in history to experience the race weekend with the family.
“We are excited to announce that pets will now be permitted in the campgrounds at Chicagoland Speedway and Route 66 Raceway,” said Scott Paddock, Chicagoland Speedway and Route 66 Raceway president. "Many of our fans who attend our NASCAR and NHRA events take advantage of our camping amenities and all that our facility has to offer throughout the entire weekend. Now, they’ll be able to rest assured that their pets are in good hand by bringing them along to enjoy the weekend with the entire family.”
Fans staying on the Chicagoland Speedway and/or Route 66 Raceway grounds, must keep their pets on a handheld leash that is six feet or shorter, or confined to the interior of their owner's vehicle. For pop-up campers and tents, pets must be secured in a container, such as a portable cage or kennel. During their visit, guests will be permitted to take their pets to play in designated areas or walk their pet in the camping areas. In doing so, pet owners are required to pick up after their pets and properly dispose of waste.
2013 Driver Standings
- Lucas Oil 225 to kick off Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup weekend at Chicagoland Speedway
- Ansell Protective Products Renews ARCA Sponsorship at Chicagoland Speedway
- Jimmy John's Gourmet Sandwiches Announced As Event Title Sponsor for NASCAR Nationwide Series Race at Chicagoland Speedway
- Don't Be An April Fool and Miss Out On The Best Prices Of The Season at Chicagoland Speedway
- Chicagoland Speedway and Route 66 Raceway 2014 Fan Advisory Council Is Here