Santa in Gatorade Victory Lane event great success at Chicagoland Speedway
Joliet, Ill. – December 12, 2011 – For the first time ever, Chicagoland Speedway kicked off the holiday season with an afternoon of holiday festivities with Santa Claus in Gatorade Victory Lane benefitting Toys for Tots on Saturday, December 10.
“We can’t thank the fans enough for coming out and supporting us and Toys for Tots,” said track president, Scott Paddock. “Despite it being one of the coldest days yet, we had an impressive turnout and are very proud of how the local community came together to contribute to the Toys for Tots program. We look forward to making this terrific event an annual tradition here at Chicagoland Speedway.”
With a donation of a new, unwrapped gift for Toys for Tots, families had the opportunity to have their picture taken in Gatorade Victory Lane with Santa. Families were also able to explore the Media Center with the Chicagoland Speedway Kidz Club!, Joliet Fire Department and the Joliet Forest Preserve all on-site with fun kids crafts and activities. NextMedia radio stations, WJOL and WCCQ, also joined in on the fun by broadcasting live throughout the afternoon.
“Thanks to all the families for their support on at Chicagoland Speedway,” said GySgt Kevin Stucker, Toys for Tots coordinator. “We appreciate the donations and we know underprivileged families will appreciate them even more. Thanks to everyone for coming out and we look forward to partnering again with Chicagoland Speedway.”
Two of Chicagoland Speedway’s Toyota Tundra pick-up trucks were filled with toys by the conclusion of the event.
- Kimberly-Clark Professional extends ARCA race sponsorship of SCOTT® 150 at Chicagoland Speedway
- Chicagoland Speedway Wins Business Leader Of The Year Image Award
- Fans Who Purchase Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Tickets Can Receive their Money Back If Dale Earnhardt Jr. Wins The Daytona 500
- CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY GO GREEN FOR SPRING PRESENTED BY JULIE TO BE HELD SATURDAY, APRIL 8
- R.A.C.E. DONATES NEARLY $50,000 IN 2016