Santa in Gatorade Victory Lane event great success at Chicagoland Speedway
Joliet, Ill. – December 12, 2011 – For the first time ever, Chicagoland Speedway kicked off the holiday season with an afternoon of holiday festivities with Santa Claus in Gatorade Victory Lane benefitting Toys for Tots on Saturday, December 10.
“We can’t thank the fans enough for coming out and supporting us and Toys for Tots,” said track president, Scott Paddock. “Despite it being one of the coldest days yet, we had an impressive turnout and are very proud of how the local community came together to contribute to the Toys for Tots program. We look forward to making this terrific event an annual tradition here at Chicagoland Speedway.”
With a donation of a new, unwrapped gift for Toys for Tots, families had the opportunity to have their picture taken in Gatorade Victory Lane with Santa. Families were also able to explore the Media Center with the Chicagoland Speedway Kidz Club!, Joliet Fire Department and the Joliet Forest Preserve all on-site with fun kids crafts and activities. NextMedia radio stations, WJOL and WCCQ, also joined in on the fun by broadcasting live throughout the afternoon.
“Thanks to all the families for their support on at Chicagoland Speedway,” said GySgt Kevin Stucker, Toys for Tots coordinator. “We appreciate the donations and we know underprivileged families will appreciate them even more. Thanks to everyone for coming out and we look forward to partnering again with Chicagoland Speedway.”
Two of Chicagoland Speedway’s Toyota Tundra pick-up trucks were filled with toys by the conclusion of the event.
- 2016 NASCAR Schedule Released, NASCAR Reaches Five-Year Sanction Agreements with National Series Tracks
- CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY & LEVY RESTAURANTS VISIT JOLIET TOWNSHIP HIGH SCHOOL CULINARY ARTS STUDENTS
- I-Cash Winner Joins Treasurer Frerichs Presents CLS Pole Qualifying Trophy
- CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY AND ROUTE 66 RACEWAY EXTEND MULTI-YEAR PARTNERSHIP WITH MILLER LITE
- CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY TO HOST THE FIRST RACE IN THE CHASE FOR THE NASCAR SPRINT CUP FOR THE SIXTH CONSECUTIVE YEAR IN 2016