SANTA CLAUS VISITS GATORADE VICTORY LANE AT CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY ON SATURDAY, DECEMBER 10
Joliet, Ill. – November 21, 2011 –
For the first time ever, Chicagoland Speedway is kicking off the holiday season with an afternoon of holiday festivities and family fun. Teaming up with Toys for Tots and the Joliet Fire Department, Santa Claus will visit Chicagoland Speedway on Saturday, December 10 from noon – 4:00 p.m. With the donation of a new, unwrapped gift to Toys for Tots, families can get their photo taken with Santa Claus in Gatorade Victory Lane. In lieu of donating a toy, families can donate $10 to Toys for Tots.
“We are thrilled to support Toys for Tots and welcome Santa Claus to Chicagoland Speedway this December,” said track president, Scott Paddock. “We look forward to kicking off this holiday season by celebrating with our fans while giving back to local community. This will be a fun and memorable afternoon for all ages.”
After getting their photo taken, children can warm up in Chicagoland Speedway’s Media Center and decorate picture frames to take home or hang up at the Speedway. Parents can also sign their kids up for Kids Club!, Chicagoland Speedway’s exclusive club for kids 12 years of age and younger, free of charge. The Joliet Fire Department will also be onsite providing fire safety tips, and the Joliet Forest Preserve will be providing nature arts and crafts.
Guests should enter through Gate 5 off Laraway Road, leading directly into the Infield. Parking will be located to the right in between the garages. Gates will open promptly at noon.
Each person that attends the event on December 10 is eligible to win a Chicagoland Speedway Prize Pack which includes four tickets to the STP 300 NASCAR Nationwide Series race on Sunday, July 22. The event is open to all ages although in order to be eligible for the Prize Pack you must be 18 or older.
For guests who are unable to attend the December 10 event but would still like to donate to Toys for Tots, they can do so by dropping off a new, unwrapped toy during regular business hours, Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. starting November 28 up until Monday, December 19 in the Chicagoland Speedway Administration Building lobby.
- ‘RACE’ TO CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY WITH TRAIN-TO-TRACK PROGRAM
- NASCAR XFINITY Series Driver Bubba Wallace to Driver Join s the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Race Team and will Drive the No. 6 Shredder Ford Mustang for Roush Fenway Racing at Chicagoland Speedway
- CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY TO HOST CAR WASH AND OFFER TRACK LAPS FRIDAY, AUGUST 5
- Jeff Gordon Ticket Offer and Question & Answer Session Now Available at Chicagoland Speedway for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 400
- Papa John’s Signs Three-Year Agreement to Serve as Official Pizza of Chicagoland Speedway and Route 66 Raceway