Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup
The 2011 Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Championship is in full force with only five races left in the season. The top five drivers in the Chase are within 25 points of each other, making this year one of the most competitive season’s to date since the Chase was introduced in 2004.
Tony Stewart started out stronger than ever by clinching the first two races of the Chase—and his first victory of the season was here at Chicagoland Speedway during GEICO 400. This win was followed up the following weekend with another victory at New Hampshire Motor Speedway. This is the second time in Chase history that the same driver has won the first two Chase races. Greg Biffle won the first two races back in 2008. Kurt Busch shined while holding off Jimmie Johnson at Dover. Johnson grabbed his second victory of the season in Kansas. Matt Kenseth scored his third win of the season in Charlotte this past weekend, his second Chase career victory.
This 2011 Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup has never been better. With the Chase nearing the half-way point, drivers and teams are giving it everything they have to capture the NASCAR Sprint Cup Championship title.
The Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series standings after Charlotte:
1. Carl Edwards – 2203 points
2. Kevin Harvick – 2198 points
3. Matt Kenseth – 2196 points
4. Kyle Busch – 2185 points
5. Tony Stewart – 2179 points
6. Brad Keselowski – 2178 points
7. Kurt Busch – 2176 points
8. Jimmie Johnson – 2168 points
9. Dale Earnhardt Jr. – 2143 points
10. Ryan Newman – 2142 points
11. Jeff Gordon – 2137 points
12. Denny Hamlin – 2117 points
The Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Championship schedule:
· Sunday, October 23 at Talladega Speedway
· Sunday, October 30 at Martinsville Speedway
· Sunday, November 6 at Texas Motor Speedway
· Sunday, November 13 at Phoenix International Speedway
· Sunday, November 20 at Homestead-Miami Speedway
- CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY TO HOST CAR WASH AND OFFER TRACK LAPS FRIDAY, AUGUST 5
- Jeff Gordon Ticket Offer and Question & Answer Session Now Available at Chicagoland Speedway for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 400
- Papa John’s Signs Three-Year Agreement to Serve as Official Pizza of Chicagoland Speedway and Route 66 Raceway
- We're Celebrating Our 15th Anniversary With A Special Camping Giveaway and MORE!
- EXCLUSIVE JIMMIE JOHNSON FAMILY TICKET PACKAGE AVAILABLE FOR THE TMNT 400