GEICO 400 NASCAR SPRINT CUP SERIES RACE MOVED TO MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 19
Joliet, Ill. – September 19, 2011 – Due to weather conditions earlier in the day, the GEICO 400 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race that was scheduled for today at Chicagoland Speedway has been delayed until tomorrow – Monday, September 19 – at 11 a.m. CDT.
“Mother nature was not on our side today,” said Scott Paddock, Chicagoland Speedway president. “Our utmost concern is the safety of our fans. Keeping that top of mind along with rain throughout much of the day and the time it takes to dry the track, we’ve decided at this point to delay the GEICO 400 until tomorrow at 11 a.m.”
All GEICO 400 event tickets from today will be honored for tomorrow’s re-scheduled race.
Admission gates will open at 9 a.m.
Tickets will be on sale at the Chicagoland Speedway ticket office starting at 8 a.m., as well.Also, please note:
- Turn 4 Club will be open.
- Pit Passes will still be valid.
- Champions Park will be closed.
For more information please contact Chicagoland Speedway’s ticket office at (888) 629-7223 or log onto www.ChicagolandSpeedway.com.
- KIMBERLY-CLARK PROFESSIONAL AND THE SCOTT BRAND PARTNERING WITH ARCA RACING SERIES BY MENARDS
- TRAIN-TO-TRACK SHUTTLE SERVICE PROGRAM RETURNS FOR THE FIRST RACE IN THE CHASE
- NASCAR XFINITY SERIES DRIVER DANIEL SUAREZ VISITS THOMAS JEFFERSON ELEMENTARY IN JOLIET
- FANS INVITED INTO WORKING GARAGES, AUTOGRAPH SESSION DURING JUNE XFINITY SERIES RACE WEEKEND
- James Buescher Tours Rockford Ahead of Jimmy John's Freaky Fast 300 at Chicagoland Speedway