GEICO 400 NASCAR SPRINT CUP SERIES RACE MOVED TO MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 19
Joliet, Ill. – September 19, 2011 – Due to weather conditions earlier in the day, the GEICO 400 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race that was scheduled for today at Chicagoland Speedway has been delayed until tomorrow – Monday, September 19 – at 11 a.m. CDT.
“Mother nature was not on our side today,” said Scott Paddock, Chicagoland Speedway president. “Our utmost concern is the safety of our fans. Keeping that top of mind along with rain throughout much of the day and the time it takes to dry the track, we’ve decided at this point to delay the GEICO 400 until tomorrow at 11 a.m.”
All GEICO 400 event tickets from today will be honored for tomorrow’s re-scheduled race.
Admission gates will open at 9 a.m.
Tickets will be on sale at the Chicagoland Speedway ticket office starting at 8 a.m., as well.Also, please note:
- Turn 4 Club will be open.
- Pit Passes will still be valid.
- Champions Park will be closed.
For more information please contact Chicagoland Speedway’s ticket office at (888) 629-7223 or log onto www.ChicagolandSpeedway.com.
- RUSTY WALLACE HEADLINES 2015 LEGENDS CLUB AT CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY
- GROUPON AND CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY TEAM UP TO BRING FIRST EVER NASCAR WEEKEND FANTASY CAMP TO RACE FANS
- ILLINOIS TREASURER’S I-CASH PROGRAM TO SPONSOR POLE QUALIFYING AT CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY
- ERIK JONES TAKES THE CHECKERED FLAG IN OWENS CORNING ATTICAT® 300 AT CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY
- CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY PROVIDES FANS WITH MORE THAN RACING OVER FATHER’S DAY WEEKEND