GEICO 400 NASCAR SPRINT CUP SERIES RACE MOVED TO MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 19
Joliet, Ill. – September 19, 2011 – Due to weather conditions earlier in the day, the GEICO 400 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race that was scheduled for today at Chicagoland Speedway has been delayed until tomorrow – Monday, September 19 – at 11 a.m. CDT.
“Mother nature was not on our side today,” said Scott Paddock, Chicagoland Speedway president. “Our utmost concern is the safety of our fans. Keeping that top of mind along with rain throughout much of the day and the time it takes to dry the track, we’ve decided at this point to delay the GEICO 400 until tomorrow at 11 a.m.”
All GEICO 400 event tickets from today will be honored for tomorrow’s re-scheduled race.
Admission gates will open at 9 a.m.
Tickets will be on sale at the Chicagoland Speedway ticket office starting at 8 a.m., as well.Also, please note:
- Turn 4 Club will be open.
- Pit Passes will still be valid.
- Champions Park will be closed.
For more information please contact Chicagoland Speedway’s ticket office at (888) 629-7223 or log onto www.ChicagolandSpeedway.com.
2014 Driver Standings
- CHASE Week Schedule Fills Up Ahead Of The MyAFibStory.com 400
- AARP and AARP Drive to End Hunger present the Salute to America’s Heroes Pre-Race Show at Chicagoland Speedway on Sunday, Sept. 14
- Chicagoland Speedway and 97.9 The Loop Host Rock The Race Party Prior to MyAFibStory.com 400
- Kevin Harvick Pays It 4-Ward in Chicago
- Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Announced as NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Event Entitlement Partner at Chicagoland Speedway