GEICO 400 NASCAR SPRINT CUP SERIES RACE MOVED TO MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 19
Joliet, Ill. – September 19, 2011 – Due to weather conditions earlier in the day, the GEICO 400 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race that was scheduled for today at Chicagoland Speedway has been delayed until tomorrow – Monday, September 19 – at 11 a.m. CDT.
“Mother nature was not on our side today,” said Scott Paddock, Chicagoland Speedway president. “Our utmost concern is the safety of our fans. Keeping that top of mind along with rain throughout much of the day and the time it takes to dry the track, we’ve decided at this point to delay the GEICO 400 until tomorrow at 11 a.m.”
All GEICO 400 event tickets from today will be honored for tomorrow’s re-scheduled race.
Admission gates will open at 9 a.m.
Tickets will be on sale at the Chicagoland Speedway ticket office starting at 8 a.m., as well.Also, please note:
- Turn 4 Club will be open.
- Pit Passes will still be valid.
- Champions Park will be closed.
For more information please contact Chicagoland Speedway’s ticket office at (888) 629-7223 or log onto www.ChicagolandSpeedway.com.
2013 Driver Standings
- KEVIN HARVICK TO KICK OFF GREEN FLAG GARAGE PRE-RACE FAN EXPERIENCE
- DALE EARNHARDT JR. WINS 56th ANNUAL DAYTONA 500
- Chicagoland Speedway Announces Creation Of The Legends Club
- Toyota Extends Multi-Year Partnership at Chicagoland Speedway & Route 66 Raceway
- NASCAR RACE DAY EXPERIENCE SOARS TO NEW HEIGHTS IN 2014