BRAD KESELOWSKI TAKES HIS FIRST TRIP TO GATORADE VICTORY LANE AT CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY
Joliet, Ill. – September 17, 2011 – Brad Keselowski scored his 15th career win in the NASCAR Nationwide series today in the Dollar General 300 presented by Coca-Cola NASCAR Nationwide Series race. This marks Keselowski’s first-ever win at Chicagoland Speedway.
“We had a pretty good car, and we knew that yesterday in practice,” said Keselowski proudly as he sat next to crew chief Todd Gordon. “Carl [Edwards] was certainly one of the cars to beat. It’s a team sport with a team victory today.”
With back-and-forth lead changes throughout the first half of the race between Keselowski and Edwards, Keselowski saw his opportunity to grab the lead and hold onto it after Edwards ran out of gas on pit road. Keselowski won by 8.658 seconds over Edwards.
Keselowski and Edwards are both contenders in the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup which begins tomorrow – Sunday, September 18 – with the GEICO 400 at Chicagoland Speedway.
Chicagoland Speedway is the first race in the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup this September – the first of ten ‘playoff’ style NASCAR Sprint Cup Series races in pursuit of the 2011 championship.
For tickets to the Chase of the NASCAR Sprint Cup weekend of events at Chicagoland Speedway including single day tickets, visit www.ChicagolandSpeedway.com or call 1-888-629-RACE (7223). Parking is always free at Chicagoland Speedway and fans can bring in one 6x6x12-inch soft-sided cooler with their favorite food and beverages.
- NASCAR XFINITY SERIES DRIVER DANIEL SUAREZ VISITS THOMAS JEFFERSON ELEMENTARY IN JOLIET
- FANS INVITED INTO WORKING GARAGES, AUTOGRAPH SESSION DURING JUNE XFINITY SERIES RACE WEEKEND
- James Buescher Tours Rockford Ahead of Jimmy John's Freaky Fast 300 at Chicagoland Speedway
- Richard Childress, Dale Jarrett and Brett Bodine Headline Legends Club at Chicagoland Speedway
- JOIN JAMIE MCMURRAY AND HEISMAN TROPHY RUNNER-UP MELVIN GORDON FOR A NIGHT OF CELEBRITY BOWLING AND A TICKET TO CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY