BRAD KESELOWSKI TAKES HIS FIRST TRIP TO GATORADE VICTORY LANE AT CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY
Joliet, Ill. – September 17, 2011 – Brad Keselowski scored his 15th career win in the NASCAR Nationwide series today in the Dollar General 300 presented by Coca-Cola NASCAR Nationwide Series race. This marks Keselowski’s first-ever win at Chicagoland Speedway.
“We had a pretty good car, and we knew that yesterday in practice,” said Keselowski proudly as he sat next to crew chief Todd Gordon. “Carl [Edwards] was certainly one of the cars to beat. It’s a team sport with a team victory today.”
With back-and-forth lead changes throughout the first half of the race between Keselowski and Edwards, Keselowski saw his opportunity to grab the lead and hold onto it after Edwards ran out of gas on pit road. Keselowski won by 8.658 seconds over Edwards.
Keselowski and Edwards are both contenders in the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup which begins tomorrow – Sunday, September 18 – with the GEICO 400 at Chicagoland Speedway.
Chicagoland Speedway is the first race in the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup this September – the first of ten ‘playoff’ style NASCAR Sprint Cup Series races in pursuit of the 2011 championship.
For tickets to the Chase of the NASCAR Sprint Cup weekend of events at Chicagoland Speedway including single day tickets, visit www.ChicagolandSpeedway.com or call 1-888-629-RACE (7223). Parking is always free at Chicagoland Speedway and fans can bring in one 6x6x12-inch soft-sided cooler with their favorite food and beverages.
- Clint Bowyer Joining JR Motorsports for NXS Race at Chicagoland
- SCOTT® Renews Sponsorship of Chicagoland ARCA Racing Series Race
- NICKELODEON ANNOUNCES ENTITLEMENT SPONSORSHIP OF TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES 400 NASCAR SPRINT CUP SERIES RACE AT CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY, SEPT. 18
- Go Green For Spring Festival presented by Julie to be held Saturday, April 30
- JOLIET TOWNSHIP HIGH SCHOOL AND CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY RAISE NEARLY $6,000 AT COOKING FOR A CAUSE