NASCAR SPRINT CUP SERIES HAULER PARADE IN DOWNTOWN JOLIET TO KICK-OFF TRIPLE HEADER NASCAR WEEKEND AT CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY
Race Fan Rally in Downtown Joliet on Thursday, Sept 15 as Kick Off for the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup
Joliet, Ill. – August 30, 2011 – For the first time ever, NASCAR Sprint Cup Series haulers will be participating in a Hauler Parade during the Race Fan Rally in downtown Joliet on the evening of Thursday, September 15 before heading to the infield of Chicagoland Speedway for the triple header NASCAR weekend.
“Chicagoland Speedway is incredibly excited to support the Race Fan Rally. We wanted to incorporate a unique element to this year’s event and believe that the Hauler Parade will bring the thrills and excitement of NASCAR to the Joliet community in an up close and personal way,” said Scott Paddock, president of Chicagoland Speedway. “This is a terrific family event and a great way for our Chicagoland Speedway fans to kick off the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup weekend.”
Over 30 NASCAR haulers will make their way through downtown Joliet prior to setting up shop at Chicagoland Speedway for the triple header NASCAR weekend.
Haulers by the Numbers:
- A typical NASCAR team hauler measures 72 feet in length
- The trailer itself is 53 feet in length
- They hold a 150 gallon fuel tank on each side
- Each hauler stores two cars
- Haulers and their drivers travel 70,000-75,000 miles per year
This year marks the 10th anniversary of the family-friendly Race Fan Rally event with appearances by Miss Sprint Cup along with several NASCAR drivers. This event is free and open to the public. It also includes live bands, show cars on display and other motorsports exhibits sure to excite fans of all ages.
Chicagoland Speedway is the first race in the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup – the first of ten ‘playoff’ style NASCAR Sprint Cup Series races in pursuit of the 2011 championship. The Fast Five 225 will kick off the weekend on Friday, September 16 with appearances by Tyrese Gibson and Jordana Brewster. The Dollar General 300 powered by Coca-Cola will take its turn on the track Saturday, Sept. 17 with a post-race concert by Parachute, who recently topped the iTunes chart with their hit single, Something to Believe in. The three day weekend will conclude on Sunday, Sept. 18 with the GEICO 400 Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup, with a live performance by country super star Darius Rucker (pre-race) and all-American rock band Red Jumpsuit Apparatus (post-race).
For tickets to the Chase of the NASCAR Sprint Cup weekend of events at Chicagoland Speedway including single day tickets, visit www.ChicagolandSpeedway.com or call 1-888-629-RACE (7223).
The Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup weekend of events is as follows:
Sept 16 Fast Five 225 (NASCAR Camping World Truck Series)
Sept 17 Dollar General 300 presented by Coca-Cola (NASCAR Nationwide Series)
Sept 18 GEICO 400 (NASCAR Sprint Cup Series)
- JIM CORNELISON TO PERFORM NATIONAL ANTHEM AT CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY THIS SEPTEMBER
- Kimberly-Clark Professional extends ARCA race sponsorship of SCOTT® 150 at Chicagoland Speedway
- Chicagoland Speedway Wins Business Leader Of The Year Image Award
- Fans Who Purchase Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Tickets Can Receive their Money Back If Dale Earnhardt Jr. Wins The Daytona 500
- CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY GO GREEN FOR SPRING PRESENTED BY JULIE TO BE HELD SATURDAY, APRIL 8