Caveman named Grand Marshal of GEICO 400 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race
Joliet, Ill. – August 17, 2011 – After months of stuffing ballot boxes at NASCAR Sprint Cup Series races across the country, countless pleading phone calls to track officials, failed attempts at face-to-face meetings with various politicians, and more than a few scrapes with track security, the Caveman finally got the phone call he's been waiting for his entire life.
The Caveman will be honored as the Grand Marshal of a NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race, and by chance the race happens to be the GEICO 400 at Chicagoland Speedway on September 18, where the Caveman will officially start the 2011 Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup.
"Is this for real?" a stunned Caveman asked when told of the news. "I mean seriously, did you just say I would be the Grand Marshal of the GEICO 400? There's 38 NASCAR races a year and I get picked for the race that GEICO sponsors? It figures..."
As Grand Marshal, the Caveman will utter the most famous words in motorsports when he instructs the drivers, "Gentlemen, start your engines."
Track officials are hopeful the special occasion goes off without a hitch, with one representative noting that "it's so easy a caveman can do it."
For more information and to purchase tickets, visit www.ChicagolandSpeedway.com.
2014 Driver Standings
- Richard Childress, Dale Jarrett and Brett Bodine Headline Legends Club at Chicagoland Speedway
- James Buescher Tours Rockford Ahead of Jimmy John's Freaky Fast 300 at Chicagoland Speedway
- The First Race In The Chase For The NASCAR Sprint Cup Returns To Chicago In 2015
- Chicagoland Speedway sells out of $55 tickets for the MyAFibStory.com 400
- Lesa France Kennedy to be Honored by National Women’s History Museum