ILLINOIS NATIVE JUSTIN ALLGAIER WINS INAUGURAL STP 300 NASCAR NATIONWIDE SERIES RACE AT CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY
With 21 different lead changes among 12 different drivers, it was Riverton, Ill. native, Justin Allgaier, who captured the win at tonight’s STP 300 NASCAR Nationwide Series at Chicagoland Speedway.
Beaming from ear-to-ear, Allgaier stated after the race, “To be able to stand here in Victory Lane is unbelievable. After last year, I didn’t even know if I’d get back out there. This has been a great night that I will never forget.”
Allgaier secured his first win of the 2011 season by passing NASCAR Sprint Cup Series point’s leader, Carl Edwards, in the final lap of the race. Making his return to the NASCAR Nationwide Series this weekend at Chicagoland Speedway, No. 16 Trevor Bayne rounded out the podium in third.
Reed Sorenson’s sixth place finish was enough for him to take over the lead in the NASCAR Nationwide Series standings with 488 points. After finishing the night in 11th place, Elliot Sadler is now second in the series standings with 486 points. Ricky Stenhouse Jr. sits just four points behind Salder in third with 482 points total.
NASCAR returns to Chicagoland Speedway this September to kick off the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup – Sept. 16-18. The first of ten “play-off” style races in the pursuit of the 2011 championship.
For tickets to the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup weekend of events at Chicagoland Speedway, visit www.ChicagolandSpeedway.com or call 1-888-629-RACE (7223).
- CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY CELEBRATES KIDS DRIVE NASCAR WITH FREE YOUTH TICKETING FOR NASCAR XFINITY & NASCAR CAMPING WORLD TRUCK SERIES RACES IN 2017
- NASCAR ORGANIZATIONAL TEST AT CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY TO RAISE AWARENESS FOR R.A.C.E. FOUNDATION
- CHASE ‘N’ THE TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES AT JOHN G. SHEDD AQUARIUM
- YOU'RE INVITED TO NASCAR'S ORGANIZATIONAL TEST AT CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY ON AUGUST 23
- Country Music Star Chase Rice To Kick Off The Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup