A-LIST NASCAR DRIVERS RACING IN THE STP 300
The STP 300 NASCAR Nationwide Series race will take place this Saturday night under the lights at Chicagoland Speedway. With some of the biggest names in racing vying for a chance to take home the checkered flag, it’s guaranteed to be an adrenaline pumping race to the finish.
and Trevor Bayne will both be making their highly anticipated returns to the NASCAR Nationwide Series after taking off several races. Patrick has had a nine-race NASCAR layoff to compete in the IRL series, and Bayne has been recovering from symptoms including nausea, fatigue and impaired vision and has not raced since finishing sixth on April 23 at Nashville.
Kevin Harvick is one of three double-duty drivers expected to run at Chicagoland and Kansas this weekend. Harvick will drive his No. 33 KHI Chevrolet at Chicagoland Speedway where he has won twice in both the NASCAR Nationwide Series and the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series. Joining Harvick are 2010 NASCAR Nationwide Series champion Brad Keselowski and 2007 series champion, and the current leader in the 2011 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series standings, Carl Edwards.
Patrick isn’t the only Illinois native expecting a big homecoming. Riverton’s Justin Allgaier, last year’s Sunoco Rookie of the Year, currently ranks fourth in the standings and is looking to regain consistency to reclaim the led in the standings he held earlier in the season. Bayne’s Roush Fenway Racing Teammate, Ricky Stenhouse Jr., won his first NASCAR Nationwide Series race two weeks ago at Iowa Speedway and is only one point behind the series current leader, Elliott Sadler. Stenhouse will no doubt be looking to continue his winning momentum at Chicagoland Speedway.
With a roster of drivers that read’s like the who’s who of racing, Saturday night’s STP 300 NASCAR Nationwide Series race will be a thrilling ride from start to finish!
For more information or to purchase tickets, click here.
- SCOTT® Renews Sponsorship of Chicagoland ARCA Racing Series Race
- NICKELODEON ANNOUNCES ENTITLEMENT SPONSORSHIP OF TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES 400 NASCAR SPRINT CUP SERIES RACE AT CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY, SEPT. 18
- Go Green For Spring Festival presented by Julie to be held Saturday, April 30
- JOLIET TOWNSHIP HIGH SCHOOL AND CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY RAISE NEARLY $6,000 AT COOKING FOR A CAUSE
- FOUR FINALISTS NAMED FOR JOLIET TOWNSHIP HIGH SCHOOL AND CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY COOKING FOR A CAUSE FUNDRAISER