Statement Regarding IZOD IndyCar Series Not Returning in 2011
Statement from Craig Rust, President of Chicagoland Speedway.
“With the many changes made to our 2011 schedule, we were unable to come to terms with the IndyCar Series for an event at our facility next season. We’ve had some positive discussions with the league throughout the past couple of weeks regarding the return of the IndyCar Series to Chicagoland Speedway in the future and will continue to keep an open dialogue with them as we move forward.”
Several major event dates for 2011 have already been announced for Chicagoland Speedway. We will play host to the following events:
June 4, 2011 (Saturday) – ARCA Racing Series presented by RE/MAX® and Menards®/NASCAR® Nationwide Series.
Sept. 16-18, 2011 - NASCAR® Camping World Truck Series; NASCAR Nationwide Series; NASCAR® Sprint Cup.
- Racing To Read Program at Laraway School Ramps Up for Turn 3 This February
- Chicagoland to Host Last-Chance Races for New XFINITY, Truck Series Playoffs
- R.A.C.E. DONATES OVER $87,000 IN 2015
- 2016 NASCAR Schedule Released, NASCAR Reaches Five-Year Sanction Agreements with National Series Tracks
- CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY & LEVY RESTAURANTS VISIT JOLIET TOWNSHIP HIGH SCHOOL CULINARY ARTS STUDENTS