Statement Regarding IZOD IndyCar Series Not Returning in 2011
Statement from Craig Rust, President of Chicagoland Speedway.
“With the many changes made to our 2011 schedule, we were unable to come to terms with the IndyCar Series for an event at our facility next season. We’ve had some positive discussions with the league throughout the past couple of weeks regarding the return of the IndyCar Series to Chicagoland Speedway in the future and will continue to keep an open dialogue with them as we move forward.”
Several major event dates for 2011 have already been announced for Chicagoland Speedway. We will play host to the following events:
June 4, 2011 (Saturday) – ARCA Racing Series presented by RE/MAX® and Menards®/NASCAR® Nationwide Series.
Sept. 16-18, 2011 - NASCAR® Camping World Truck Series; NASCAR Nationwide Series; NASCAR® Sprint Cup.
- AMERICAN ETHANOL E15 ANNOUNCED AS EVENT TITLE SPONSOR FOR NASCAR CAMPING WORLD TRUCK SERIES RACE AT CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY
- "FURIOUS 7” TO SPONSOR CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY XFINITY SERIES RACE
- RUSTY WALLACE HEADLINES 2015 LEGENDS CLUB AT CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY
- GROUPON AND CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY TEAM UP TO BRING FIRST EVER NASCAR WEEKEND FANTASY CAMP TO RACE FANS
- ILLINOIS TREASURER’S I-CASH PROGRAM TO SPONSOR POLE QUALIFYING AT CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY