Statement Regarding IZOD IndyCar Series Not Returning in 2011
Statement from Craig Rust, President of Chicagoland Speedway.
“With the many changes made to our 2011 schedule, we were unable to come to terms with the IndyCar Series for an event at our facility next season. We’ve had some positive discussions with the league throughout the past couple of weeks regarding the return of the IndyCar Series to Chicagoland Speedway in the future and will continue to keep an open dialogue with them as we move forward.”
Several major event dates for 2011 have already been announced for Chicagoland Speedway. We will play host to the following events:
June 4, 2011 (Saturday) – ARCA Racing Series presented by RE/MAX® and Menards®/NASCAR® Nationwide Series.
Sept. 16-18, 2011 - NASCAR® Camping World Truck Series; NASCAR Nationwide Series; NASCAR® Sprint Cup.
2014 Driver Standings
- Brad Keselowski Wins The MyAFibStory.com 400 at Chicagoland Speedway
- Kyle Busch Returns to Gatorade Victory Lane at Chicagoland Speedway
- Kevin Harvick Goes To Victory Lane at Chicagoland Speedway for 5th Time
- Chicagoland Speedway Offers Wide Array of Amenities For First Race in the Chase for the Sprint Cup
- Matt Kenseth Takes His Place in Champions Park at Chicagoland Speedway