Statement Regarding IZOD IndyCar Series Not Returning in 2011
Statement from Craig Rust, President of Chicagoland Speedway.
“With the many changes made to our 2011 schedule, we were unable to come to terms with the IndyCar Series for an event at our facility next season. We’ve had some positive discussions with the league throughout the past couple of weeks regarding the return of the IndyCar Series to Chicagoland Speedway in the future and will continue to keep an open dialogue with them as we move forward.”
Several major event dates for 2011 have already been announced for Chicagoland Speedway. We will play host to the following events:
June 4, 2011 (Saturday) – ARCA Racing Series presented by RE/MAX® and Menards®/NASCAR® Nationwide Series.
Sept. 16-18, 2011 - NASCAR® Camping World Truck Series; NASCAR Nationwide Series; NASCAR® Sprint Cup.
- COUNTRY MUSIC STAR AND ILLINOIS NATIVE BRETT ELDREDGE TO KICK OFF THE CHASE FOR THE NASCAR SPRINT CUP AT CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY
- JOLIET TOWNSHIP HIGH SCHOOL AND CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY RAISE OVER $6,000 AT COOKING FOR A CAUSE
- CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY FILLS OUT FATHER’S DAY WEEKEND LINEUP WITH EXPO AND CAR SHOW
- JOIN JAMIE MCMURRAY AND HEISMAN TROPHY RUNNER-UP MELVIN GORDON FOR A NIGHT OF CELEBRITY BOWLING AND A TICKET TO CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY
- JOIN DENNY HAMLIN IN CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY’S GREEN FLAG GARAGE THIS SEPTEMBER