Statement Regarding IZOD IndyCar Series Not Returning in 2011
Statement from Craig Rust, President of Chicagoland Speedway.
“With the many changes made to our 2011 schedule, we were unable to come to terms with the IndyCar Series for an event at our facility next season. We’ve had some positive discussions with the league throughout the past couple of weeks regarding the return of the IndyCar Series to Chicagoland Speedway in the future and will continue to keep an open dialogue with them as we move forward.”
Several major event dates for 2011 have already been announced for Chicagoland Speedway. We will play host to the following events:
June 4, 2011 (Saturday) – ARCA Racing Series presented by RE/MAX® and Menards®/NASCAR® Nationwide Series.
Sept. 16-18, 2011 - NASCAR® Camping World Truck Series; NASCAR Nationwide Series; NASCAR® Sprint Cup.
2013 Driver Standings
- KEVIN HARVICK TO KICK OFF GREEN FLAG GARAGE PRE-RACE FAN EXPERIENCE
- DALE EARNHARDT JR. WINS 56th ANNUAL DAYTONA 500
- Chicagoland Speedway Announces Creation Of The Legends Club
- Toyota Extends Multi-Year Partnership at Chicagoland Speedway & Route 66 Raceway
- NASCAR RACE DAY EXPERIENCE SOARS TO NEW HEIGHTS IN 2014