Good Guys Brings Packed Weekend of Classic Cars; Nostalgia Drag Races
Take a step back in time when the best of motorsports Americana comes to Chicagoland Speedway and Route 66 Raceway Sept. 17-19, 2010 at the Good Guys Rod and Custom Association’s Chicagoland Nationals.
More than 2,000 Hot Rods, Customs, Classics, Muscle Cars and Trick Trucks will dazzle and shine at Chicagoland Speedway every day beginning when gates open at 8 a.m. A Swap Meet and Cars 4 Sale Corral will also be on-site, among other attractions.
Drivers are invited to see how their Street Rod, Street Machine or Truck handles a performance situation in the Street Challenge Autocross course on Friday and Saturday.
Friday Night Drags is scheduled for Sept. 18, 2010 at Route 66 Raceway. Gates open at 2 p.m. with Time Trials slated for 4 p.m. Don’t miss eliminations at 7 p.m.
The Featured Match will be the “Chicago Wise Guys” Pro Modified exhibition.
Race classes for Friday Night Drags include: Hot Rod, 1954 and Earlier (No NOS, No electronics); Hot Rod I, 7.50 to 11.99; Hot Rod II, 12 seconds and up; Street Machine, 1955 through 1972 (No NOS, No electronics); Street Machine I, 7.50 to 11.99; Street Machine II, 12 seconds and up; Comp, 1972 and earlier cars only (NOS OK, Electronics OK); and Comp I, 7.50 seconds and up. The Race Fee is $35 (includes car and driver). For more information on tech and procedures, please visit www.GoodGuysVRA.com or call (925) 838-9876.
Tickets for both events are only available at the door.
General Admission for Good Guys at Chicagoland Speedway (includes car show, vendors, Swap Meet and Cars 4 Sale Corral) is $18 for adults and $6 for kids 7-12 years old. Kids six years old and younger are free. Parking is free. Good Guys at Chicagoland Speedway will be open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Friday and Saturday and 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Sunday.
General Admission for Friday Night Drags is $20 for adults and $6 for kids 7-12 years old.
- CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY AND JOLIET TOWNSHIP HIGH SCHOOL PARTNER FOR SIXTH CONSECUTIVE SCHOOL-YEAR ON CURRICULUM PROGRAM
- JIM CORNELISON TO PERFORM NATIONAL ANTHEM AT CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY THIS SEPTEMBER
- Kimberly-Clark Professional extends ARCA race sponsorship of SCOTT® 150 at Chicagoland Speedway
- Chicagoland Speedway Wins Business Leader Of The Year Image Award
- Fans Who Purchase Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Tickets Can Receive their Money Back If Dale Earnhardt Jr. Wins The Daytona 500