Blackhawks' Jim Cornelison To Present National Anthem at LifeLock.com 400
If boisterous fans cheer as Jim Cornelison delivers his rich rendition of the National Anthem on Saturday before the LifeLock®.com 400 at Chicagoland Speedway®, don’t be alarmed – they’re carrying on a Chicago Blackhawks tradition that’s been around since 1985.
That’s the way it’s done at the United Center, where the Blackhawks captured the attention of hockey fans across the nation this year with a determination and grit that helped them win the Stanley Cup.
Cornelison joins star Blackhawks defenseman Duncan Keith at pre-race ceremonies. Keith, the first player in NHL history to win an Olympic Gold Medal, the Norris Trophy and the Stanley Cup in the same year, will serve as Grand Marshal.
“I’m humbled to share the National Anthem with Blackhawks fans at the United Center before each home game throughout the season and honored to do so with 75,000 fans at Chicagoland Speedway this weekend,” said Cornelison. “The LifeLock.com 400 is a unique event and I am excited to join Duncan Keith as a part of the weekend's festivities."
Cornelison, a professional opera singer-turned real estate agent, is known for the emotional response he elicits from fans, from the cheers to goose bumps and tears.
Paul McCoy of 12 Stones will perform the National Anthem before the Dollar General® 300 Powered by Coca-Cola®.
12 Stones released their self-titled debut in 2002 on Wind-up Records. Their second effort, “Potter’s Field,” was released in 2004. After selling more than 500,000 the band took a breather – but it wasn’t for long, and they offered up their third album, “Anthem for the Underdog,” in 2007. On July 20, 2010, Wind-up Records will release “The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday.” The first single on the album, “We Are One,” was inspired by the Navy Seals.
- CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY CELEBRATES KIDS DRIVE NASCAR WITH FREE YOUTH TICKETING FOR NASCAR XFINITY & NASCAR CAMPING WORLD TRUCK SERIES RACES IN 2017
- NASCAR ORGANIZATIONAL TEST AT CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY TO RAISE AWARENESS FOR R.A.C.E. FOUNDATION
- CHASE ‘N’ THE TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES AT JOHN G. SHEDD AQUARIUM
- YOU'RE INVITED TO NASCAR'S ORGANIZATIONAL TEST AT CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY ON AUGUST 23
- Country Music Star Chase Rice To Kick Off The Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup