Duncan Keith, star Defenseman for Chicago Blackhawks, Grand Marshal for LifeLock.com 400
Duncan Keith, star defenseman for the Chicago Blackhawks, will serve as Grand Marshal of the LifeLock®.com 400 NASCAR® Sprint Cup Series race at Chicagoland Speedway® on July 10, 2010.
Keith, the 6-foot-1 fan favorite, made headlines during the historic run for the title through sheer stamina, strength and skill – especially after he returned to the ice less than seven minutes after losing seven teeth in Game 4 of the Western Conference Finals in the 2010 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs. He brought home plenty of hefty hardware in 2010, including the Norris Trophy for best all-around performance in the NHL and a Gold Medal from his home country’s Olympic Games in Vancouver.
There’s no doubt he is the ideal choice to give the order “Gentlemen, start your engines!”
“The Blackhawks captivated the entire city and country with their Stanley Cup-winning run and our fans will love to bring Blackhawk fever to the race,” said Craig Rust, president, Chicagoland Speedway/Route 66 Raceway. “We are honored to have him join us and help us get things going for the Lifelock.com 400.”
Keith will also do a Question and Answer session at 3:30 p.m. on the LifeLock stage in Champions Park, before the LifeLock.com 400.
NASCAR weekend packages are now on sale to the general public and can be purchased by calling 888-629-RACE (7223) or logging on to www.chicagolandspeedway.com. For information regarding group ticket packages, call 815-722-5500.
MORE ABOUT DUNCAN KEITH
- Became the first player in history to win an Olympic Gold Medal, a Stanley Cup Championship, and the Norris Trophy in the same season in 2010.
- Honored with the 2010 James Norris Memorial Trophy, given to the NHL’s top defenseman. Became the fourth Blackhawks blueliner to win the award, and the first since 1996.
- Established career-bests in goals (14), assists (55), and points (69) in 82 regular-season games during the 2009-10 campaign. Led all NHL defensemen in goals, assists, and points at even-strength.
- Led the National Hockey League with 2,180:34 total minutes of ice time during the regular-season. Paced Chicago in ice time for the fifth consecutive season since joining the Blackhawks.
- Ranked second among defensemen with 17 points (2G,15A) in 22 postseason games in leading the Blackhawks to the 2010 Stanley Cup Championship, the organization’s first since 1961.
- The Winnipeg, Manitoba native led all Olympic defensemen with six assists, and posted a +6 plus/minus rating, while helping Team Canada to a gold medal at the 2010 Winter Olympic Games in Vancouver.
- Signed a 13-year contract extension with Chicago during the 2009-10 season.
- FANS INVITED INTO WORKING GARAGES AT CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY DURING CHASE FOR THE NASCAR SPRINT CUP WEEKEND
- NASCAR Chase Fest Sponsored By Toyota To Celebrate The Beginning of Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup™ in Chicago
- SAM HORNISH JR. AND REGAN SMITH JOIN CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY’S LEGENDS CLUB LINEUP
- US99.5 AND BUB CITY TEAM UP FOR SEPTEMBER’S BIGGEST TAILGATE PARTY AT CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY
- JIM CORNELISON TO PERFORM NATIONAL ANTHEM AT CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY THIS SEPTEMBER