Oak Forest Fan Wins with McMurray, Scores VIP Experience at LifeLock.com 400 for Daytona 500 Pick
Tony Decker, 33, of Oak Forest, Ill., faced a dilemma. Pick with his heart or with his head?
Decker’s heart said to pick Dale Earnhardt Jr., his favorite driver, to win the 52nd annual Daytona 500 at Daytona International Speedway. His head told him to go with Jamie McMurray, who looked good in practice.
In the end his head won out – and now Tony and his wife Jennifer will be VIPs at Chicagoland Speedway’s LifeLock.com 400 when the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series comes to town in July.
“When I watched them practicing (McMurray) looked strong,” said Tony Decker, who watched the race to see how his pick would fair. “I figured it would be a good choice, and it was.”
Only 35 fans chose McMurray out of the nearly 3,000 who participated online at the track’s website (www.ChicagolandSpeedway.com) or by paper entry at the Chicago Auto Show. Decker’s was chosen by random drawing out of those who picked McMurray.
Tony and Jennifer Decker will share the Grand Prize: two tickets and two Cold Garage Passes for the LifeLock.com 400, and two Checkered Flag Fan Zone hospitality Passes for that event at Chicagoland Speedway. They’ll also stand next to the stage during pre-race driver introductions at the LifeLock.com 400.
“This was a great way for Chicagoland Speedway to bring some of the excitement of the Daytona 500 to our fans and get them involved in the race a bit,” said Craig Rust, president, Chicagoland Speedway. “It’s great to be back racing and I think it was evident during all of Speedweeks in Daytona that NASCAR has indeed put the racing back in the drivers’ hands. It’s going to be a great season!”
Track Packs, NASCAR and August race weekend packages, as well as single-day NASCAR Camping World Truck Series and IZOD IndyCar Series race tickets are now on sale to the general public and can be purchased by calling 888-629-RACE (7223) or logging on to www.chicagolandspeedway.com. For information regarding group ticket packages, call 815-722-5500.
- NASCAR XFINITY Series Driver Bubba Wallace to Driver Join s the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Race Team and will Drive the No. 6 Shredder Ford Mustang for Roush Fenway Racing at Chicagoland Speedway
- CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY TO HOST CAR WASH AND OFFER TRACK LAPS FRIDAY, AUGUST 5
- Jeff Gordon Ticket Offer and Question & Answer Session Now Available at Chicagoland Speedway for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 400
- Papa John’s Signs Three-Year Agreement to Serve as Official Pizza of Chicagoland Speedway and Route 66 Raceway
- We're Celebrating Our 15th Anniversary With A Special Camping Giveaway and MORE!