Patrick to Race Twice in Second City this Year
JOLIET, Ill. ‑ IZOD IndyCar Series star Danica Patrick is scheduled to make not one, but two stops at Chicagoland Speedway this year.
Patrick - who will drive the No.7 GoDaddy.com Chevrolet for JR Motorsports part-time in 2010 - announced her 12-race Nationwide Series schedule on Thursday, which includes the Dollar General 300 powered by Coca-Cola at Chicagoland Speedway on July 9.
“We're thrilled to be one of the tracks Danica has chosen for her Nationwide Series schedule this year,” said Craig Rust, president of Chicagoland Speedway. “She's already familiar with our track from racing in our IZOD IndyCar Series events during the past five seasons, plus she'll have three, possibly four Nationwide Series races under her belt heading into our NASCAR event weekend in July, so we think she has an opportunity to run well here at Chicagoland Speedway. We commonly see some of the bigger names from the Sprint Cup Series run in our Nationwide Series race the night before, so I think our fans will be very intrigued to come out and see how she handles herself among some of the best NASCAR drivers the sport has to offer."
The Roscoe, Ill., native is no stranger to Chicagoland Speedway’s 1.5-mile D-shaped tri-oval. Patrick has competed in all five PEAK Antifreeze and Motor Oil INDY 300 IZOD IndyCar Series races at the track since her rookie season in 2005, scoring two top-10 finishes and one pole position.
Track Packs, NASCAR and August weekend packages, as well as single-day NASCAR Camping World Truck Series and IZOD IndyCar Series race tickets are now on sale to the general public and can be purchased by calling 888-629-RACE (7223) or through this website. For information regarding group ticket packages, call 815-722-5500.
2014 Driver Standings
- Expanded Train-to-Track Shuttle Service Program Returns to Chicagoland Speedway
- AARP and AARP Drive to End Hunger present the Salute to America’s Heroes Pre-Race Show at Chicagoland Speedway on Sunday, Sept. 14
- CHASE ELLIOTT TAKES THE CHECKERED FLAG IN THE ENJOYILLINOIS.COM 300
- Mark Ruffalo to Serve as Grand Marshal of the EnjoyIllinois.com 300
- Daughter of Illinois Native and NASCAR Hall of Famer Fred Lorenzen to Appear in Chicagoland Speedway's Legends Club