Register Online for We Remember Blood Drive Sept. 11
JOLIET, Ill. – Usually when Ashley Mascher is at Chicagoland Speedway, she’s a fan. On Sept. 11, 2009, she’ll be a hero.
Chicagoland Speedway and the NASCAR Foundation host the Chicagoland Speedway/Route 66 Raceway “We Remember” Blood Drive from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Sept. 11 at the Speedway’s Infield Medical Center.
It was five years ago this month that Mascher’s father Tom fell from a roof he had been working on to the ground. Portions of his spine shattered. One lung was punctured.
Tom needed three blood transfusions in three weeks.
When we come to donate that day, we’ll all have a reason – maybe to honor that person who’s a weak spot in our armor, or links a thousand memories. We’ll remember those who died on Sept. 11, our Nation’s Soldiers and friends with cancer. Those we love who have needed donated blood in the past, or will in the future.
Mascher, 19, of Bourbonnais, Ill. will donate in honor of her father.
Those who wish to donate can do so online, at:
Just scroll down to the "Make an Appointment Now" feature.
Appointments can also be made by telephone, at (847) 803-7943. Blood donations will be handled by LifeSource.
Who will you remember?
- CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY AND JOLIET TOWNSHIP HIGH SCHOOL ANNOUNCE CURRICULUM PROGRAM CHALLENGE
- Truex Wins TMNT 400, takes opener of The Chase at Chicagoland
- ERIK JONES RETURNS TO GATORADE VICTORY LANE AT CHICAGOLAND
- Kyle Busch wins wild American Ethanol e15 225 as Camping World Truck Series field is set
- Briscoe tastes victory for the first time at CLS, eats first-ever hot dog