Register Online for We Remember Blood Drive Sept. 11
JOLIET, Ill. – Usually when Ashley Mascher is at Chicagoland Speedway, she’s a fan. On Sept. 11, 2009, she’ll be a hero.
Chicagoland Speedway and the NASCAR Foundation host the Chicagoland Speedway/Route 66 Raceway “We Remember” Blood Drive from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Sept. 11 at the Speedway’s Infield Medical Center.
It was five years ago this month that Mascher’s father Tom fell from a roof he had been working on to the ground. Portions of his spine shattered. One lung was punctured.
Tom needed three blood transfusions in three weeks.
When we come to donate that day, we’ll all have a reason – maybe to honor that person who’s a weak spot in our armor, or links a thousand memories. We’ll remember those who died on Sept. 11, our Nation’s Soldiers and friends with cancer. Those we love who have needed donated blood in the past, or will in the future.
Mascher, 19, of Bourbonnais, Ill. will donate in honor of her father.
Those who wish to donate can do so online, at:
Just scroll down to the "Make an Appointment Now" feature.
Appointments can also be made by telephone, at (847) 803-7943. Blood donations will be handled by LifeSource.
Who will you remember?
- 2016 NASCAR Schedule Released, NASCAR Reaches Five-Year Sanction Agreements with National Series Tracks
- CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY & LEVY RESTAURANTS VISIT JOLIET TOWNSHIP HIGH SCHOOL CULINARY ARTS STUDENTS
- I-Cash Winner Joins Treasurer Frerichs Presents CLS Pole Qualifying Trophy
- CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY AND ROUTE 66 RACEWAY EXTEND MULTI-YEAR PARTNERSHIP WITH MILLER LITE
- CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY TO HOST THE FIRST RACE IN THE CHASE FOR THE NASCAR SPRINT CUP FOR THE SIXTH CONSECUTIVE YEAR IN 2016