Register Online for We Remember Blood Drive Sept. 11
JOLIET, Ill. – Usually when Ashley Mascher is at Chicagoland Speedway, she’s a fan. On Sept. 11, 2009, she’ll be a hero.
Chicagoland Speedway and the NASCAR Foundation host the Chicagoland Speedway/Route 66 Raceway “We Remember” Blood Drive from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Sept. 11 at the Speedway’s Infield Medical Center.
It was five years ago this month that Mascher’s father Tom fell from a roof he had been working on to the ground. Portions of his spine shattered. One lung was punctured.
Tom needed three blood transfusions in three weeks.
When we come to donate that day, we’ll all have a reason – maybe to honor that person who’s a weak spot in our armor, or links a thousand memories. We’ll remember those who died on Sept. 11, our Nation’s Soldiers and friends with cancer. Those we love who have needed donated blood in the past, or will in the future.
Mascher, 19, of Bourbonnais, Ill. will donate in honor of her father.
Those who wish to donate can do so online, at:
Just scroll down to the "Make an Appointment Now" feature.
Appointments can also be made by telephone, at (847) 803-7943. Blood donations will be handled by LifeSource.
Who will you remember?
2014 Driver Standings
- Richard Childress, Dale Jarrett and Brett Bodine Headline Legends Club at Chicagoland Speedway
- James Buescher Tours Rockford Ahead of Jimmy John's Freaky Fast 300 at Chicagoland Speedway
- The First Race In The Chase For The NASCAR Sprint Cup Returns To Chicago In 2015
- Chicagoland Speedway sells out of $55 tickets for the MyAFibStory.com 400
- Lesa France Kennedy to be Honored by National Women’s History Museum