Register Online for We Remember Blood Drive Sept. 11
JOLIET, Ill. – Usually when Ashley Mascher is at Chicagoland Speedway, she’s a fan. On Sept. 11, 2009, she’ll be a hero.
Chicagoland Speedway and the NASCAR Foundation host the Chicagoland Speedway/Route 66 Raceway “We Remember” Blood Drive from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Sept. 11 at the Speedway’s Infield Medical Center.
It was five years ago this month that Mascher’s father Tom fell from a roof he had been working on to the ground. Portions of his spine shattered. One lung was punctured.
Tom needed three blood transfusions in three weeks.
When we come to donate that day, we’ll all have a reason – maybe to honor that person who’s a weak spot in our armor, or links a thousand memories. We’ll remember those who died on Sept. 11, our Nation’s Soldiers and friends with cancer. Those we love who have needed donated blood in the past, or will in the future.
Mascher, 19, of Bourbonnais, Ill. will donate in honor of her father.
Those who wish to donate can do so online, at:
Just scroll down to the "Make an Appointment Now" feature.
Appointments can also be made by telephone, at (847) 803-7943. Blood donations will be handled by LifeSource.
Who will you remember?
2013 Driver Standings
- KEVIN HARVICK TO KICK OFF GREEN FLAG GARAGE PRE-RACE FAN EXPERIENCE
- DALE EARNHARDT JR. WINS 56th ANNUAL DAYTONA 500
- Chicagoland Speedway Announces Creation Of The Legends Club
- Toyota Extends Multi-Year Partnership at Chicagoland Speedway & Route 66 Raceway
- NASCAR RACE DAY EXPERIENCE SOARS TO NEW HEIGHTS IN 2014