Register Online for We Remember Blood Drive Sept. 11
JOLIET, Ill. – Usually when Ashley Mascher is at Chicagoland Speedway, she’s a fan. On Sept. 11, 2009, she’ll be a hero.
Chicagoland Speedway and the NASCAR Foundation host the Chicagoland Speedway/Route 66 Raceway “We Remember” Blood Drive from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Sept. 11 at the Speedway’s Infield Medical Center.
It was five years ago this month that Mascher’s father Tom fell from a roof he had been working on to the ground. Portions of his spine shattered. One lung was punctured.
Tom needed three blood transfusions in three weeks.
When we come to donate that day, we’ll all have a reason – maybe to honor that person who’s a weak spot in our armor, or links a thousand memories. We’ll remember those who died on Sept. 11, our Nation’s Soldiers and friends with cancer. Those we love who have needed donated blood in the past, or will in the future.
Mascher, 19, of Bourbonnais, Ill. will donate in honor of her father.
Those who wish to donate can do so online, at:
Just scroll down to the "Make an Appointment Now" feature.
Appointments can also be made by telephone, at (847) 803-7943. Blood donations will be handled by LifeSource.
Who will you remember?
- CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY TO HOST CAR WASH AND OFFER TRACK LAPS FRIDAY, AUGUST 5
- Jeff Gordon Ticket Offer and Question & Answer Session Now Available at Chicagoland Speedway for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 400
- Papa John’s Signs Three-Year Agreement to Serve as Official Pizza of Chicagoland Speedway and Route 66 Raceway
- We're Celebrating Our 15th Anniversary With A Special Camping Giveaway and MORE!
- EXCLUSIVE JIMMIE JOHNSON FAMILY TICKET PACKAGE AVAILABLE FOR THE TMNT 400