Register Online for We Remember Blood Drive Sept. 11
JOLIET, Ill. – Usually when Ashley Mascher is at Chicagoland Speedway, she’s a fan. On Sept. 11, 2009, she’ll be a hero.
Chicagoland Speedway and the NASCAR Foundation host the Chicagoland Speedway/Route 66 Raceway “We Remember” Blood Drive from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Sept. 11 at the Speedway’s Infield Medical Center.
It was five years ago this month that Mascher’s father Tom fell from a roof he had been working on to the ground. Portions of his spine shattered. One lung was punctured.
Tom needed three blood transfusions in three weeks.
When we come to donate that day, we’ll all have a reason – maybe to honor that person who’s a weak spot in our armor, or links a thousand memories. We’ll remember those who died on Sept. 11, our Nation’s Soldiers and friends with cancer. Those we love who have needed donated blood in the past, or will in the future.
Mascher, 19, of Bourbonnais, Ill. will donate in honor of her father.
Those who wish to donate can do so online, at:
Just scroll down to the "Make an Appointment Now" feature.
Appointments can also be made by telephone, at (847) 803-7943. Blood donations will be handled by LifeSource.
Who will you remember?
2013 Driver Standings
- Lucas Oil 225 to kick off Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup weekend at Chicagoland Speedway
- Ansell Protective Products Renews ARCA Sponsorship at Chicagoland Speedway
- Jimmy John's Gourmet Sandwiches Announced As Event Title Sponsor for NASCAR Nationwide Series Race at Chicagoland Speedway
- Don't Be An April Fool and Miss Out On The Best Prices Of The Season at Chicagoland Speedway
- Chicagoland Speedway and Route 66 Raceway 2014 Fan Advisory Council Is Here