Briscoe Wins after Herrington Scores Victory and Hilderbrand Clinches Title
JOLIET, Ill. – Ryan Briscoe drove from the No. 13 starting position to a win in the fourth-closest finish in IndyCar history at the PEAK Antifreeze and Motor Oil 300 at Chicagoland Speedway, further solidifying the track as the home of the best racing in IndyCar.
Briscoe won by seven-thousandths of a second under the lights in his Team Penske ride. Scott Dixon and Mario Moraes rounded out the top three finishers.
Daniel Herrington drove his LeBleu/Bryan Herta Autosport ride to Gatorade Victory Lane in the Chicagoland 100 Firestone Indy Lights event after starting ninth – while J.R. Hilderbrand clinched the season title with his fifth-place finish. He edged out James Davison (People*s Liberation/Vision Racing) and Andrew Prendeville (TMR-Xtreme Coil Drilling), who finished second and third.
- CHASE WEEK SCHEDULE FUELS EXCITEMENT LEADING UP TO THE MYAFIBRISK.COM 400
- FANS INVITED INTO WORKING GARAGES AT CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY DURING CHASE FOR THE NASCAR SPRINT CUP WEEKEND
- NASCAR Chase Fest Sponsored By Toyota To Celebrate The Beginning of Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup™ in Chicago
- SAM HORNISH JR. AND REGAN SMITH JOIN CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY’S LEGENDS CLUB LINEUP
- US99.5 AND BUB CITY TEAM UP FOR SEPTEMBER’S BIGGEST TAILGATE PARTY AT CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY