Briscoe Wins after Herrington Scores Victory and Hilderbrand Clinches Title
JOLIET, Ill. – Ryan Briscoe drove from the No. 13 starting position to a win in the fourth-closest finish in IndyCar history at the PEAK Antifreeze and Motor Oil 300 at Chicagoland Speedway, further solidifying the track as the home of the best racing in IndyCar.
Briscoe won by seven-thousandths of a second under the lights in his Team Penske ride. Scott Dixon and Mario Moraes rounded out the top three finishers.
Daniel Herrington drove his LeBleu/Bryan Herta Autosport ride to Gatorade Victory Lane in the Chicagoland 100 Firestone Indy Lights event after starting ninth – while J.R. Hilderbrand clinched the season title with his fifth-place finish. He edged out James Davison (People*s Liberation/Vision Racing) and Andrew Prendeville (TMR-Xtreme Coil Drilling), who finished second and third.
- 2016 NASCAR Schedule Released, NASCAR Reaches Five-Year Sanction Agreements with National Series Tracks
- CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY & LEVY RESTAURANTS VISIT JOLIET TOWNSHIP HIGH SCHOOL CULINARY ARTS STUDENTS
- I-Cash Winner Joins Treasurer Frerichs Presents CLS Pole Qualifying Trophy
- CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY AND ROUTE 66 RACEWAY EXTEND MULTI-YEAR PARTNERSHIP WITH MILLER LITE
- CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY TO HOST THE FIRST RACE IN THE CHASE FOR THE NASCAR SPRINT CUP FOR THE SIXTH CONSECUTIVE YEAR IN 2016