Briscoe Wins after Herrington Scores Victory and Hilderbrand Clinches Title
JOLIET, Ill. – Ryan Briscoe drove from the No. 13 starting position to a win in the fourth-closest finish in IndyCar history at the PEAK Antifreeze and Motor Oil 300 at Chicagoland Speedway, further solidifying the track as the home of the best racing in IndyCar.
Briscoe won by seven-thousandths of a second under the lights in his Team Penske ride. Scott Dixon and Mario Moraes rounded out the top three finishers.
Daniel Herrington drove his LeBleu/Bryan Herta Autosport ride to Gatorade Victory Lane in the Chicagoland 100 Firestone Indy Lights event after starting ninth – while J.R. Hilderbrand clinched the season title with his fifth-place finish. He edged out James Davison (People*s Liberation/Vision Racing) and Andrew Prendeville (TMR-Xtreme Coil Drilling), who finished second and third.
2013 Driver Standings
- KEVIN HARVICK TO KICK OFF GREEN FLAG GARAGE PRE-RACE FAN EXPERIENCE
- DALE EARNHARDT JR. WINS 56th ANNUAL DAYTONA 500
- Chicagoland Speedway Announces Creation Of The Legends Club
- Toyota Extends Multi-Year Partnership at Chicagoland Speedway & Route 66 Raceway
- NASCAR RACE DAY EXPERIENCE SOARS TO NEW HEIGHTS IN 2014